The largest new accommodation build to date will offer 508 fully-furnished student rooms in 2021. Located amongst other halls of residence, the location on Homestead Lane (adjacent to the Ilam Homestead and gardens) is a short 5 minute walk to main campus facilities.
Tupuānuku will include:
- Single rooms with shared bathroom or ensuites (own bathroom)
- Options for catered or self-catered
- Purpose built study spaces for individual or group study
- Multiple social spaces and outdoor areas
- Home to predominantly first year students
With enrolment numbers increasing steadily since 2017 across domestic, international and postgraduate students, the new accommodation will be home to a diverse community across UC’s five colleges.
Tupuānuku is the star associated with food, resources harvested from the soil and the creatures found on the forest floor. The narrative for the building is the journey of Tane to gain knowledge and will be reflected in the colours and the names of the neighbourhoods on each floor.
For more information about the new residential development, contact Accommodation Services/Te Ratonga Nohonga.