Management involves organising teams of people and boosting business performance.
Explore how businesses function, and how you can influence processes, resources, and workers to get the best results.
- Study a range of topics and theories of management, including organisational behaviour, how to lead others, manage projects, and drive innovation.
- Consulting projects and internship opportunities in the final year will place you in real-world organisations to work on challenges the organisation is facing.
For the major in the Bachelor of Commerce, complete the following courses:
- MGMT206 Organisational Behaviour
- MGMT207 Principles of Human Resource Management
- Two courses chosen from these options
- MGMT301 Leading Change and Innovation
- MGMT344 Strategic Management
- Two 300-level courses chosen from MGMT or MKTG
For the complete three-year BCom Management major degree plan, see Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School website.
Managers are found in every kind of industry, working and coordinating individuals and teams all the way to top-level business positions.
Some career pathways could include:
- Public relations executive
- Business development manager
- Human resources manager
- Strategic analyst.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Management.
Reception Level 2, Meremere Building – see campus maps
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Management
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Today’s businesses recognise that customers are choosing suppliers with environmental and cultural values similar to their own. Sustainability remains an ...