Diploma in Commerce
The one-year Diploma in Commerce (DipCom) gives you the opportunity to grow your skills in many business areas.
This Diploma will suit anyone wanting to add business knowledge to their studies, or wanting professional development, but do not want to study the three-year Bachelor's degree.
- Choose courses from all Business subjects available at UC, at any level.
- This Diploma can be studied full-time in 1 year, or part-time for up to 6 years.
- Can be used as a pathway to the Bachelor of Commerce with the ability to transfer your completed courses to that degree.
Admission to UC with University Entrance (or equivalent) is required to enrol.
If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
For information on the enrolment process, please see how to apply for undergraduate qualifications.
Diploma in Commerce – example degree structure
Each small block represents a 15-point course. However, some courses may be 30 points or more.
This diagram is an example only – other combinations are possible. For specific course requirements, see the Regulations for the Diploma in Commerce.
The DipCom is made up of 120 points from course options from the Bachelor of Commerce.
It can be completed within 1 year full-time, or up to 6 years part-time.
You can choose to transfer credits gained from the Diploma in Commerce to the Bachelor of Commerce (and some other degrees), as long as you have not already graduated with the Diploma.
Choose 120 points of courses at any level from the below Commerce subjects:
You may also include up to 60 points at 100 or 200-level from Mathematics and Statistics.
The Diploma in Commerce can be used as a pathway to the Bachelor of Commerce.
- Build your experience from any number of business-related subjects.
- Opportunities to create a portfolio of internships, projects, and extra-curricular activities.
- Graduates may find work in many areas of business - from entry level through to management to becoming an entrepreneur.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
See Tuition Fee Structure for more information
|2023||120||Fee estimate. Actual fee will be determined by course selection.||$6,947|
|Year||Points||Info||Fees (NZD)||Fees (NZD) Excl GST|
For the full degree requirements, see the Regulations for the Diploma in Commerce.
For study planning help, contact a Student Advisor.
For more information on facilities, resources, and staff, see Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School.
For more general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone 0800 VARSITY (827 748).