Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry
The Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry caters for graduates who:
- have a forestry degree or a qualification in a related area and wish to update and retrain
- have another degree and are looking for some exposure to forestry
- are from countries where the forestry degree is less quantitative than in Aotearoa New Zealand.
You must have completed one of the following:
- the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in forestry or a related area of study; or
- a bachelor's or higher degree in other areas, and relevant work experience in a forestry-related area.
If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
For the full entry requirements, see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry or use the admission requirements checker.
How to apply
You can apply online at myUC. Find out more about how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
The PGDipFor programme is 120 points of compulsory courses.
The Diploma can be studied within 1 year full-time or up to 2 years part-time.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Te Rōpū Rapuara | UC Careers can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers, or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit Te Pōkai Tara | Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.
See Tuition Fee Structure for more information
|2024||120||Fee estimate. Actual fee will be determined by course selection.||$9,567|
|2023||120||Fee estimate. Actual fee will be determined by course selection.||$9,311|
|2024||120||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$43,500|
|2023||120||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$41,000|
For full requirements, see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry.
For study planning help, contact Te Kura Ngahere | School of Forestry.
Te Kaupeka Pūhanga | Faculty of Engineering
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800