Research interests include applied microeconomic theory and industrial organisation.
- Agnew S., Kerr J. and Watt R. (2021) The effect on student behaviour and achievement of removing incentives to complete online formative assessments. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology : 173-185. http://dx.doi.org/10.14742/ajet.6203.
- Mueller-Langer F. and Watt R. (2021) Optimal pricing and quality of academic journals and the ambiguous welfare effects of forced open access: A two-sided model. Managerial and Decision Economics http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mde.3375.
- Watt R. (2021) The 2020 Nobel Memorial Prize in economics: the Canterbury connection. New Zealand Economic Papers 55(2): 166-172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00779954.2021.1950200.
- Fernández-Márquez CM., Vázquez FJ. and Watt R. (2020) Social influence on software piracy. Managerial and Decision Economics 41(7): 1211-1224. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mde.3167.
- Watt R. (2020) Overlooked Results on the Competitive Firm under Output Price Risk: Alternative Sufficient Conditions for Downward Sloping Factor Demand Curves. Economics Letters November 2020 109507 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2020.109507.