Research interests include auditing, financial accounting, applications of information technology in accounting and behavioural research in accounting.
- Ma D., Fisher R. and Nesbit T. (2021) Cloud-based client accounting and small and medium accounting practices: Adoption and impact. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems 41 100513 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.accinf.2021.100513.
- Li S., Fisher R. and Falta M. (2020) The effectiveness of artificial neural networks applied to analytical procedures using high level data: a simulation analysis. Meditari Accountancy Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/MEDAR-06-2020-0920.
- Fisher R., van Staden C. and Richards G. (2019) Watch that Tone: An Exploratory Investigation of the Use and Stylistic Consequences of Tone in Corporate Accountability Disclosures. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print) http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/AAAJ-10-2016-2745.
- Fisher RT., van Staden C. and Richards G. (2019) Tone and the Accounting Narrative. University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Accounting Research Conference, 3-5 Jan 2019.
- Ma D., Fisher RT. and Nesbit T. (2017) Adoption and Strategic Impact of Cloud Technology: The Case of Small to Medium Accounting Practices. Nice, France: 8th International Research Meeting in Business and Management, 5-6 Jul 2017.