Postgraduate Certificate in Business
The Postgraduate Certificate in Business is an applied commerce qualification that focuses on developing skills, knowledge, and competencies expected by potential employers from Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School graduates. It provides a pathway qualification into the Postgraduate Diploma in Business, which leads into the Master of Business and Master of Professional Accounting.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Business equips graduates with general knowledge and skills applicable to business, which can then be applied in graduate positions across a wide range of industries. This Certificate provides a qualification with some of the core business skills required by industry.
As part of the Business Taught Masters programme at UC, this qualification enables you to increase your employability by gaining business skills that complement your existing professional or academic background. Students with a degree from any discipline may apply and no prior experience in commerce is required.
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School is accredited by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS; only one percent of business schools in the world have attained all three. UC also ranks in the top 300 universities in the world for Business and Management Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current theoretical concepts, frameworks, and industry practice within the fields of business and management.
- Think logically, analytically, and critically with respect to the academic and professional literature within the field of business.
- Synthesise academic and professional literature and effectively communicate this information and research findings, both orally and in written form, to a range of audiences.
Students must have a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and be approved to enrol.
If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
For the full entry requirements, see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Business or use the admission requirements checker.
How to apply
The programme has intakes in February and August.
You can apply online at myUC. Find out more about how to apply for graduate and postgraduate qualifications.
A total of four courses must be completed to obtain the Postgraduate Certificate in Business.
The Certificate can be started in either February or August. It takes 6 months of full-time study to complete, or up to 2 years part-time.
The PGCertBus provides the skills and competencies that will allow graduates to gain employment within the private and public sector in relevant business positions. Graduates will gain the confidence to challenge existing commercial practice and participate in the development of new and innovative business strategies.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Te Rōpū Rapuara | UC Careers can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers, or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit Te Pōkai Tara | Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.
See Tuition Fee Structure for more information
|2021||60||Banded Fee - total tuition fee dependent on course selection||$3,969|
|2022||60||Banded Fee - total tuition fee dependent on course selection||$4,037|
|Year||Points||Info||Fees (NZD)||Fees (NZD) Excl GST|
|2020||60||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$13,750|
|2021||60||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$15,125||$13,152|
|2021||60||Special (Set) Programme Fee||$15,900||$13,826|
For full requirements, see the Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Business.
Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800