International Student Arrival Week
International Enrolment | Whakamanuhiri mai
7 and 10-14 February 2020 - Semester 1
Location: Puaka James Hight Library - Level 3
All international students are required to complete their enrolment in person.
Plan your arrival into New Zealand in time to complete your enrolment in person by attending an enrolment session.
- Submit your application to enrol on myUC
- Add your courses (through myUC, available from October) - for course advice: first year students, contact the Liaison Office; all other students, speak with your College Advisor
- Update your contact details in myUC, including your study address and emergency contact
- Book your enrolment in person session
- How do you intend to pay for your fees? If you are transferring the funds directly to UC's bank account, make sure you do this early enough for the funds to clear before your enrolment session.
Bookings available soon
What to bring with you:
- Current passport
- Student Visa (if this is an electronic visa, please ensure you have a printed copy)
- Evidence of an approved insurance policy (if you have purchased a policy other than StudentSafe)- UC has an insurance policy available on campus
- How are you doing to pay your fees? If paying by card, have you checked your daily limit with your bank?
What to expect on the day:
Staff will take a copy of your passport and visa (and insurance if it is another approved policy)
- New student: you will then attend a 45min information session. During this time, your documentation will be processed and your Enrolment Offer will be ready waiting for collection for acceptance and payment of fees (if not pre-paid).
- Returning student: you will sit with one of our Enrolments Team, and if you need to apply for a visa, they will go through your visa application and associated documentation.
If you are currently on a student visa, and are in New Zealand, you are able apply for a new visa, here on campus.
Make sure you bring with you to your enrolment session
- completed visa application form
- two passport-size colour photos
- proof of funds (requirements can be found on the checklist below)
If you are transferring from UCIC to UC, you will be able to apply for a new visa through UC if required.
You will also need to provide your:
- attendance record - this must be over 90%
- academic results
You will need to apply for your visa directly with Immigration NZ if:
- your attendance is below 90%
- you are on a visitor visa (between finishing at UCIC and before starting at UC)
The New Student Arrival Week also includes the New Student Induction. All new students are highly encouraged to attend this event as this introduces you to specific learning-related information at UC and to connect you with services and student leaders.
When: Monday 10 February 2020