On-campus International Enrolment
How to complete your enrolment at UC as an international student on campus
Step 1. Apply to Enrol
Apply to Enrol in myUC.
- If you're new to UC and have been studying at a NZ high school, choose "Waiting on NCEA/UE results" as your Admission Reason. You will likely need evidence of attendance from your school for your student visa application.
- If you're new to UC and have an international qualification, you will need to have your admission assessed. Check what you need for your chosen qualification.
- If you're a continuing UC student, use your existing myUC account. If you're already enrolled in courses in Semester One, you will need to submit a Change of Enrolment. While you're in myUC, check your contact details are up-to-date so that any emails or texts from UC will reach you.
- If you are applying for any of the following education qualifications please email email@example.com for additional steps:
- Bachelor of Teaching and Learning (BTchLn)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (GradDipTchLn)
- Master of Teaching and Learning (MTchgLn)
- If you are applying for a Business Taught Master's please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional steps.
- If you are applying for a Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDipBA) please email email@example.com for additional steps.
Step 2. Pre-pay your tuition fees
Pay the tuition fees estimate shown on your Offer of Place - this can be found in your Document Library in myUC (top right-hand corner). If you have not received an Offer of Place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the amount you pre-pay is different from your final fees total on your Enrolment Agreement, you will be charged or refunded the difference at a later date. If you are unable to complete your enrolment (for example if Immigration NZ declines your student visa application) your pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded by Student Finance.
Information on how to pay your tuition fees is available on our Pay your fees page.
Step 3. Apply for your student visa
Apply for your student visa on the Immigration New Zealand website.
You can also find a number of helpful guides and checklists on the website:
- Student Visa Guide
- First-time student visa application checklist
- Continuing student visa application checklist
Step 4. Provide evidence of your visa application
Email email@example.com once you have completed your student visa application, including the following in your email:
- evidence you have submitted your student visa application
- your UC student ID number
- your full name
- confirmation you wish to use Studentsafe insurance or evidence of alternative insurance arrangements
Step 5. Add your courses
If you need help choosing courses for your qualification talk to a Student Advisor. If you're not sure if you have the prerequisites for any of your courses, you can contact the Course Coordinator (shown on the course's information page).
If you are studying towards any of the following qualifications in the UC Business School, your courses will be added for you by staff when you attend your face-to-face Information Session at the UC Business School:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business (PGCertBus)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business (PGDipBus)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Information Systems (PGDipBis)
- Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS)
- Master of Business (MBus)
- Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDipBA)
Step 6. Complete your enrolment
Once your courses are approved and you have received your new student visa, you can complete your enrolment.
You will need to register for a session to complete your enrolment in person with the Enrolments team (at Te Pātaka (Puaka-James Hight) for any of the following reasons:
- you are new to UC
- you are a continuing student with a new passport
- you are arriving in NZ after studying offshore
- you are coming to NZ on an exchange programme
You will need to take your passport and visa with you to your registered session and the team will generate an Enrolment Agreement for you to accept. Once you've paid any outstanding fees, you will have officially completed your enrolment.
If you are a continuing UC student and have shown your current passport to the Enrolments team on campus before, we can generate an Enrolment Agreement for you without you needing to visit the Enrolments team in person. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your new visa and your student ID number. We will assume you want to use Student Safe Insurance unless you advise us otherwise and provide proof you have paid for alternative insurance. An Enrolment Agreement will be generated for you to accept, and once any outstanding fees are paid you will have officially completed your enrolment.