Enrolment in Person
All international students studying on campus at UC are required to complete an Enrolment in Person session.
Steps to completing your Enrolment in Person
To complete your Enrolment in Person (on campus), you will need to take the following steps:
Step 1. Add your courses and update your contact details
Choose your courses and add them in your Application to Enrol in myUC. Remember that you need a full-time workload for your student visa. You can check which courses are required for your qualification on the Qualifications page. If you are unsure which courses to take you can contact the relevant Student Advisor.
You should also update your contact details in myUC so that any emails or texts from the University reach you.
Step 2. Book an Enrolment in Person session
Once your courses are approved in your Application to Enrol, you need to book an Enrolment in Person session. Sessions are now available for students starting at UC in Semester 2.
If you are an international student enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Education (EdD) or Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) commencing in February, March, June, or July, you are advised to book an Enrolment in Person session to ensure your enrolment can be processed in a timely manner. Outside of these months you can come to Student Services without an appointment to complete your enrolment. Any alternative arrangement for completing your enrolment will need to be made through the Dean of Postgraduate Studies.
Step 3. Pre-pay your tuition fees
If you are new to UC you will pay the amount shown on your Offer of Place. If you are unable to complete your enrolment (for example if Immigration NZ declines your student visa application) your pre-paid tuition fees will be refunded.
For returning UC students you will need to use the Fee Estimator to estimate your tuition fees. If the amount you pre-pay is different from your final fees total as shown on your Enrolment Agreement, you will be charged or refunded the difference.
Information on how to pay your tuition fees is available on our Pay your fees page.
Step 4. Prepare your documentation
Prepare the required documentation to take to your Enrolment in Person session, as outlined in the Checklist - International student enrolment documents. When you attend your Enrolment in Person session you will need the following:
- a valid passport
- a current student visa
Plus the following additional documents:
- if your visa is due to expire and you fit the criteria to apply for a new student visa through UC, you will need a completed Student Visa Application Form (INZ1240), 2 passport size photos, proof of pre-paid tuition fees or funds, evidence of outward travel, and proof of funds for living expenses
- if you're not purchasing Studentsafe insurance through UC, you will need to provide evidence you have purchased suitable alternative medical and travel insurance
- if you're a PhD student, you will need a completed INZ1200 form, your CV and thesis statement
- if you are coming to UC from a NZ secondary or high school or from UCIC, you will need proof your attendance has been 90% or above
- if you have applied for a student visa directly with INZ, you will need to provide the visa application number and the date you applied
Step 5. Attend your Enrolment in Person session
Attend your Enrolment in Person session with the Enrolment team at Student Services (Level 1, Matariki Building). Make sure you take all the documentation you need (see Step 4 above) to complete your enrolment.
Additional steps for some qualifications
Depending on the qualification you are studying towards, there may be additional steps for you to complete as part of your Enrolment in Person:
If you are an International student studying towards one the following Education qualifications:
- Master of Teaching and Learning (MTchgLn)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (GradDipTchLn)
- Bachelor of Teaching and Learning (BTchLn)
Please contact the College of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about completing your Enrolment in Person.
If you are an International student studying towards one of the following Business Taught Master's programmes:
• Postgraduate Diploma in Business (PGDipBus)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Business Information Systems (PGDipBis)
• Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS)
• Master of Business (MBUS)
• Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
You will need to attend a face-to-face Information Session with the UC Business School as part of the Enrolment in Person process. The BTM Team will contact you with more information on what is involved prior to the Information Session.
If you are an International student studying towards a
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDipBA)
You will need to attend a face-to-face Information Session with the UC Business School as part of the Enrolment in Person process. The MBA Team will be in contact with more details prior to your Information Session.
Where to attend your Enrolment in Person session
Student Services, Level 1 Matariki Building