The Student Advisors in the College of Arts can help with degree planning and special applications.
How we can help
Contact us for advice about any of the following degrees and qualifications:
- Diploma in German Language
- Diploma in Russian Language
- Diploma in Spanish Language
- Diploma in French Language
- Diploma in Chinese Language
- Diploma in Japanese Language
- Te Pourua: Diploma in Māori and Indigenous Studies
- Te Pourua Reo: Diploma in Te Reo Māori
Click here for the Diploma in Languages
- Master of Arts
- Master of European Union Studies
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of International Relations and Diplomacy
- Master of Linguistics
- Master of Maori and Indigenous Leadership
- Master of Māori and Indigenous Studies
- Master of Music
- Master of Policy and Governance
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (Applied)
- Master of Te Reo Maori
NB: For advice on other degrees, please contact the appropriate College or Board.
We can offer advice about
- Degree planning, including double degrees and double majors
- Explaining your course options
- Semester planning (e.g., work load)
- Understanding the University Calendar and degree regulations
- Advice on eligibility to graduate
- Transfer of credits from other New Zealand tertiary institutions
- Permissions to take courses elsewhere for credit to a UC degree
- Cross-crediting between several undergraduate degrees
- Transferring between degrees
- Approval of entry to courses and degrees
- Exemptions, such as waivers of pre-requisites or core-requirements
- Withdrawal from courses
- Part-time enrolment at Master's level
Where else can you find assistance?
For various other student services please see the Current Students website.
The individual Departments and Schools within the College of Arts can answer questions about course selection and can offer advice about course suitability. We can help you with the level of courses and the number of points you are required to take in order to qualify at the end of your studies.
Need advice, information or an appointment?