UCIC was established following a collaborative agreement between Navitas Limited and the University of Canterbury in 2013. The pathway programme is the first of its kind in New Zealand and designed to assist international students to better adapt to the challenges of living and studying in a new country and in a second language. UCIC assists its students to achieve their educational goals through personalised support and the opportunity to study at one of New Zealand's premier universities.
UCIC‘s students enjoy full access to University of Canterbury facilities and services and feel like a UC student from the moment they arrive on campus. By choosing to study at UCIC, students undertake a programme that is moderated by the University of Canterbury to ensure the highest academic quality.
UCIC offers University Transfer Programmes (UTPs) for Commerce, Engineering and Science where students transfer directly into the second year of the respective bachelor's degree at UC.
UCIC students can:
- access University facilities and services including libraries, computer laboratories (some open 24/7), recreation facilities, on-campus accommodation, health services and career services
- be part of a diverse and vibrant student population, with international students representing over 60 countries
- have access to more than 120 clubs on campus covering sporting, recreational, academic and cultural events and activities
- be given academic and personal support to reach goals
- learn in small classes, complemented by small group tutorials and workshops
- receive extra academic contact to fully develop understanding of each course
- experience exceptional standards of teaching, with courses that are delivered by highly qualified academics.
Contact UCIC at the University of Canterbury, 20 Kirkwood Avenue, Ilam, Christchurch 8140
T: 0800 8242 69 (0800 UCIC NZ) – NZ only
T: +64 3 2604300