The UC Sustainability Policy states:
Sustainable practices are embedded in the University’s operations, ensuring that it seeks to become a sustainable organisation. Thereby it will:
- Continue to build and uphold a strong and sustainable infrastructure and a healthy environment.
- Provide opportunities for staff and students to be involved in the on-going improvement of the University’s environmental performance.
- Seek to be a role model in our community for leadership on climate change and sustainable practices.
- Engage with the community, and share experiences and other information, to inform creative and innovative solutions to sustainable challenges.
- Establish constraints for carbon emissions, including air travel. In doing so, the University will encourage creative, alternative modes of international engagement, which minimise travel and carbon emissions