Visiting the UC campus on Rā Tōmene | Open Day will provide the best opportunity to experience UC as so much is happening that day. (If you come for more than one day, this will also give you time to tour the city or spread your hall tours over to the day before or after.)
This key event for future students and whānau takes place a couple of weeks BEFORE applications to the halls of residence are due, so it is totally fine to wait until after Rā Tōmene | Open Day to submit your accommodation application. Decisions are not made by Halls until after the closing date.
If you're unable to join us for Rā Tōmene | Open Day you can book in for a campus tour.
If the scheduled campus tour dates don't suit, you can take a self-guided tour or virtual tour to explore our campus online instead.
Guided campus tours - Book here
To access the registration form, click the date of the tour you want. We recommend booking at least two weeks ahead to avoid missing out.
*NOTE: Italicised dates from 27 September onwards only feature a Campus Tour (ie: start 10am / finish 11:15am)
After 22 September, you will need to contact the Hall(s) of Residence directly if you are interested in visiting student accommodation.
Guided campus tours visit the library, bookshop, lecture theatres, student social and study spaces, and some of our fantastic new learning facilities. Our Tour Guides give insider knowledge of different areas of the university.
Campus tours are scheduled on most Fridays during term time from April to November. At other times, you are welcome to take a self-guided campus tour. Tours are not available on weekends or Public Holidays.
Campus tours start at 10am sharp from the Matariki quad area - please try to arrive at least 5-10 minutes before this.
Schedule for Campus Tour
Schedule for Campus Tour and Faculty visit
Come prepared! Good footwear, weather suitable clothing and snacks help for an enjoyable day.
- Please contact email@example.com if you require further information.
- Please book in with a Future Student Advisor if you require course planning advice.
Halls of Residence
A visit to the halls of residence can be added to your tour booking form for tours from May to September.
- Please click you would 'like to visit the halls of residence' and follow the prompts.
- Each hall of residence tour takes approx 30 minutes to view, and you will need to make your own way to each by the scheduled time.
- We'll give you guidance on the day about the best route to take based on your selections.
After 22 September, tours of the Halls of Residence will only be available by individual appointment.
Please contact the Hall(s) of Residence directly if you are interested in visiting on a date a Hall Tour tour isn't offered.
Faculty Sessions (these have finished for 2023)
Faculty sessions are an opportunity to gain a little insight into the degree you are looking at studying.
- These sessions vary across faculties – some offer a tour through spaces you will use during your degree, while others feature discussions with current students or advisors as there are no specialist areas to see.
- You will first take a general campus tour then participate in two sessions you chose when booking.
- These mostly run on the first Friday of the month and during the school holidays.
Self-guided campus tours
Can’t make a scheduled tour date? You are welcome to do your own self-guided tour between 9am and 4pm.
Print your Self-guided Campus Tour Map or collect one from Te Pātaka, the Student Services Hub (Puaka-James Hight building).
Take a virtual tour
Click on your interest area below to explore our campus online
- Take a virtual tour of our campus
- Faculty of Engineering virtual tour
- Faculty of Science virtual tour
- Virtual tours of our halls of residence
- Moving in 2023 - halls of residence
School group tours
We welcome campus visits from groups of interested secondary school students, however we cannot host visits during busy periods.
If you want to bring a group of students to see where they could study after secondary school, please complete the UC School Visit Request Form to organise a visit for your school.