My research interests are linked to different aspects of the buildings design (i.e. architectural, structural, materials selection, etc.) and buildings conservation. My previous research projects include the development of a low-invasive technique for the damage assessment of steel reinforcement in earthquake damage buildings; the effects of earthquakes on the mechanical and fatigue properties of steel reinforcement. Currently, I am developing new research interests in the areas of Building Information Modelling (BIM), parametric design and digital technologies (e.g. AR) to improve the architecture, engineering and construction industry; the application of sustainable materials and 3D printing in architectural, structural and humanitarian engineering.
- Loporcaro G., Pampanin S. and Kral M. (2020) Low-cycle fatigue testing on strain-aged steel reinforcing bars. Christchurch, New Zealand: 8th International Conference on Advances in Experimental Structural Engineering, 3-5 Feb 2020.
- Ma Z., Zhao E., Granello G. and Loporcaro G. (2020) Drone Aided Machine-Learning Tool for Post-Earthquake Bridge Damage Reconnaissance. Sendai, Japan: 17thWorld Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 13 Sep 2020.
- Müssig J., Clark A., Hoermann S., Loporcaro G., Loporcaro C. and Huber T. (2020) Imparting materials science knowledge in the field of the crystal structure of metals in times of online teaching: A novel online laboratory teaching concept with an augmented reality application. Journal of Chemical Education 97(9): 2643-2650. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00763.
- Loporcaro G. and Zhao A. (2019) Exploring opportunities and limitations of 3D concrete printing technology in New Zealand. Dunedin, New Zealand: Concrete NZ Conference, 10 Oct 2019-12 Oct 2020.
- Loporcaro G., Bellamy L., McKenzie P. and Riley H. (2019) Evaluation of Microsoft HoloLens Augmented Reality Technology as a construction checking tool. Bangkok, Thailand: 19th International Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality, 13-15 Nov 2019.