Welcome to UCGO
A mobile app with the tools you need to succeed
Welcome to UC! To help you on your journey to success at UC, download the UCGO app. The app is specially designed to give you access to the tools you need to learn, explore and stay well at UC.
The app is easy to use and gives you access to a lot of your personal UC accounts too. Log in using your student ID and password to access your student email, LEARN and Library accounts. See what’s on at the UC RecCentre and what’s happening on campus through the social media tool. You can also see your personal class timetable and use maps to find where your classes are, all from the app.
Get access from your phone to all these tools using UCGO:
- My timetable – see your personal timetable
- LEARN – login to your LEARN account
- Email – access your student email
- Library – see open hours and the status of your loans and reserved items, search catalogues, book meeting rooms and top up your library account.
- Campus Safety – Call UC Security, and find information about help towers, assault and consent, and what to do in an emergency.
- Insider’s Guide | Tūpono notices – see what’s happening on campus and read about your classmates experiences.
- Support – find support services available on campus
- RecCentre – access open hours and group fitness timetables
- Maps – find your way around campus
- UC Social – connect to UC’s social media channels and see what’s happening on and off campus.
- V-Plate – ensure you get your UCSA cafe loyalty rewards.
- Key UC dates
- Emergency push notifications – Keep your notifications turned on to get notices about campus-wide emergencies.
Download UCGo from the App Store or Google Play.
Frequently Ask Questions
What does the app do?
UCGO combines a number of tools students use daily into a user-friendly app. See functionality above.
How do I download the app?
Simply search UCGO in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Or open this page on your phone and click the button above.
If I am having trouble downloading UCGO, who can help?
Staff at the IT Service Desk in the Central Library (Puaka-James Hight) can help you to download UCGO.
Can I personalise the app on my phone?
You can rearrange tiles to make the ones you use more often easier to find. You can also turn off functions you don’t use – simply click Arrange at the bottom of UCGO’s homepage.
Will I receive a lot of push notifications through UCGO?
No, push notifications are only be sent if there is a campus-wide emergency. We encourage users to keep push notifications activated.
Can staff download and use UCGO?
UC staff can download and log into UCGO. There is now a staff dedicated profile that staff can log into using there staff log in details.
Will I be able to log into my staff email using UCGO?
Staff email (@canterbury.ac.nz) accounts cannot be accessed using UCGO currently.
What will happen to the UC Finder app?
In time UC Finder will be removed, but you can access campus maps on UCGO.
Why does UCGO require permission to access to photos/media/files and camera on Android devices?
Downloading UCGO on Android requires permission for photos/media/files to support saving documents for offline review. Camera permission is required to support QR functionality.
Does UCGO collect any personal information from my device?
If you have any feedback on UCGO, please contact email@example.com