Faculty of Law Student Advisors are located on Level 3, Meremere Building and individual appointments may be made by following the Book an Appointment link below or by emailing one of the Advisors for an appointment.
The Student Advisors in the Faculty of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study in Law or Criminal Justice.
Degree planning and completions (Law or Criminal Justice)
- Limited Fulltime forms for Studylink
- Workload issues
- Pre-requisite failures
If you are studying a double degree other than the BCJ/LLB, it is important that you seek or have obtained advice on the requirements of your other degree.
First year student advice
For first year student advice, please contact Adonai Schwenke at email@example.com. Adonai Schwenke is the Kaitoko (Law and Criminal Justice) in Te Pātaka. When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line.
- If your enrolment is not progressing through the online system (e.g. for Waitlist, HOD Approval Required, Pre-Req failure, Change of Enrolment), then you may not need to see and advisor:, email firstname.lastname@example.org about the issue.
- For third time enrolment please email the Assistant Dean (Students) email@example.com with a rationale for why this should be considered and what you will do to ensure success this time.
- For workload checks please attend an open-door advising session to see an Advisor.
- When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line.
Studylink / Limited Full Time
- If you simply need a Limited Full Time Form completed by a member of staff, you should complete your part of the form and then send the whole form back to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are relying on supporting evidence, include that to. When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line.
- The form may be found here: https://www.studylink.govt.nz/documents/forms/limited-fulltime-application.pdf
AKO | Learn access
- Learn access is made available to students who are fully enrolled in courses and access at the start of the year is only available for Semester 1 (S1) and whole year (W) courses. Access to Semester 2 courses will be made available no more than 10 days before the start of the course.