Cutting-edge research at UC
The Faculty of Engineering hosts a range of research institutes and centres, enhancing our international profile and reputation and offering numerous advantages to students. Many of these initiatives are joint efforts with industry and other tertiary institutions.
- Biomathematics Research Centre
- Biomolecular Interaction Centre
- Electric Power Engineering Centre
- HIT Lab
- The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Spatial Engineering Research Centre
- Wireless Research Centre
- Wood Technology Research Centre
- UC Quake Centre
From earthquakes to renewable energy, researchers across all our disciplines are among world leaders in developing new technology and responses.
Every department within the Faculty has an extensive list of research groups and topics. Link to departmental research via the list below:
- Chemical and Process Engineering research
- Civil and Natural Resources Engineering research
- Computer Science and Software Engineering research
- Electrical and Computer Engineering research
- Mechanical Engineering research
- Forestry research
- Mathematics and Statistics research
Here's UC Senior Lecturer in Electrical Engineering Dr Alan Wood talking about a UC-developed solar cost-benefit calculator. To view the calculator, go to the Energywise website.