We urgently need to prepare for the future climate; my research, teaching, and outreach is focused on enabling our communities to adapt.
Qualifications & Memberships
I study the risk and resilience of urban systems. My research is focused on transforming how we design and realize our cities in the face of climate change. I use risk science, systems engineering, modeling, and statistics to adapt our cities.
For additional information, see my website
- Bordley RF., Keisler JM. and Logan TM. (2019) Managing projects with uncertain deadlines. European Journal of Operational Research 274(1): 291-302. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2018.09.036.
- Logan TM., Williams TG., Nisbet AJ., Liberman KD., Zuo CT. and Guikema SD. (2019) Evaluating urban accessibility: leveraging open-source data and analytics to overcome existing limitations. Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science 46(5): 897-913. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2399808317736528.
- Logan TM., Guikema SD. and Bricker JD. (2018) Hard-adaptive measures can increase vulnerability to storm surge and tsunami hazards over time. Nature Sustainability 1(9): 526-530. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41893-018-0137-6.
- Logan T. and Arnott J. (2017) You've got the power. Nature http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/d41586-017-07261-1. [Career Column].
- Logan TM., McLeod S. and Guikema S. (2016) Predictive models in horticulture: A case study with Royal Gala apples. Scientia Horticulturae 209: 201-213. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2016.06.033.