Research interests include computer science education, compression, and computers and music.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2019) Analysing students' scratch programs and addressing issues using elementary patterns. In Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE 2018-October http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2018.8658821.
- Bell J. and Bell T. (2018) Integrating Computational Thinking with a Music Education Context. Informatics in Education 17(2): 151-166. http://dx.doi.org/10.15388/infedu.2018.09.
- Bell T. (2018) Computer science in K-12 education: The big picture. In Olympiads in Informatics 12: 3-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.15388/ioi.2018.01.
- Bell T. and Vahrenhold J. (2018) CS Unplugged—How Is It Used, and Does It Work? Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics): 497-521. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98355-4_29.
- Bell TC. and Duncan C. (2018) Teaching Computing in primary schools.. In Sentance S; Barendsen E; Schulte C (Ed.), Computer Science Education : Perspectives on Teaching and Learning in School London: Bloomsbury Academic.