Research interests include computer science education, compression, and computers and music.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2019) Analysing students' scratch programs and addressing issues using elementary patterns. San Jose, CA, USA: IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 3-6 Oct 2018. In Proceedings FIE 2018: 5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2018.8658821.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2019) Analysis of Progression of Scratch Users based on their Use of Elementary Patterns. Toronto, Canada: IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Education (ICCSE), 19-21 Aug 2019.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2019) Evaluating the Use of Remixing in Scratch Projects Based on Repertoire , Lines of Code (LOC), and Elementary Patterns. Cincinnati, USA: Frontiers in Education (FIE), 16-19 Oct 2019. : 8.
- Bell T. (2019) Computer Science - it's not just about coding. In Henry J (Ed.), L'informatique expliquée aux enseignants (in French)Politeia.
- Bell T. and Lodi M. (2019) Constructing computational thinking without using computers. Constructivist Foundations 14(3): 342-351.