Research interests include computer science education, compression, and computers and music.
- Bell T. (2021) CS unplugged or coding classes? Communications of the ACM 64(5): 25-27. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3457195.
- Munasinghe B., Bell T. and Robins A. (2021) Teachers' understanding of technical terms in a Computational Thinking curriculum. In ACM International Conference Proceeding Series: 106-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3441636.3442311.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2020) Revisiting code smells in block based languages. In ACM International Conference Proceeding Series http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3421590.3421613.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2020) Teaching Resources for Young Programmers: The use of Patterns. In Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE 2020-October http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE44824.2020.9273985.
- Amanullah K. and Bell T. (2019) Analysing students' scratch programs and addressing issues using elementary patterns. In Proceedings FIE 2018: 5. Stipes. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2018.8658821.