Co-Leader Global Association for Transition Engineering Director Advanced Energy and Material Systems Lab
Qualifications & Memberships
Energy Transition Engineering: I am very interested in the new methodologies and tools needed to change existing systems to rapidly shift away from fossil fuels. I have carried out research on every type of renewable and alternative energy technology, and sustainable energy systems. I have developed the Interdisciplinary Transition Management Engineering (InTIME) Methodology and lead an international group in the emerging field. Like Safety Engineering, Transition Engineering actions social responsibility and sound science to deliver change projects that down-shift the exposure to fossil fuel supply and climate change risks. I am interested in research in energy transition of buildings, cities, transportation and freight. I have also worked with rural and remote communities on sustainable development. www.transitionengineering.org
Antimicrobial Coatings: I discovered a new mass transport regime that uses pulsed pressure during my PhD. I have been carrying out fundamental processing and materials science for the past 20 years. A new nano-structured TiO2 coating has been discovered that has excellent durability on stainless steel and high photo-catalytic activity in visible light. I am currently interested in understanding the mechanisms that produce the unique structure and properties, and commercial development of the coating technology. www.kotitechnologies.com
- (2018) Corrigendum to “A novel design methodology for waste heat recovery systems using organic rankine cycle” [Energy Convers Manage (2017) 1–12] (S0196890417302583) (10.1016/j.enconman.2017.03.047)). Energy Conversion and Management 155: 347. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2017.06.084.
- Krumdieck S., Gorthy R., Land J., Gardecka A., Polson M., Boichot R., Bishop CM. and Kennedy J. (2018) Titania Solid Thin Films Deposited by pp-MOCVD Exhibiting Visible Light Photocatalytic Activity. Physica Status Solidi a Applied Research 215(2) 1700578 http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pssa.201700578.
- Budisulistyo D. and Krumdieck S. (2017) A novel design methodology for waste heat recovery systems using organic Rankine cycle. Energy Conversion and Management 142: 1-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2017.03.047.
- Budisulistyo D., Wong CS. and Krumdieck S. (2017) Lifetime design strategy for binary geothermal plants considering degradation of geothermal resource productivity. Energy Conversion and Management 132: 13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2016.10.027.
- Gardecka AJ., Bishop CM., Lee D., Corby S., Parkin IP., Kafizas A. and Krumdieck SP. (2017) High efficiency water splitting photoanodes composed of nano-structured anatase-rutile TiO2 heterojunctions by pulsed-pressure MOCVD. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 224: 904-911. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2017.11.033.