Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests are in the area of innovative technology for wastewater treatment and resource recovery, including anaerobic biotechnology and advanced oxidation processes. The fate of persistent organic contaminants in the aquatic environment is another field of study.
- Furness M., Bello-Mendoza R., Dassonvalle J. and Chamy-Maggi R. (2021) Building the ‘Bio-factory’: A bibliometric analysis of circular economies and Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment in wastewater treatment. Journal of Cleaner Production 323 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.129127.
- Poudyal S., Cochrane TA. and Bello-Mendoza R. (2021) Carpark pollutant yields from first flush stormwater runoff. Environmental Challenges 5 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2021.100301.
- Al-Essa E., Bello Mendoza R. and Wareham D. (2020) The effect of magnetite particle size on methane production by fresh and degassed anaerobic sludge. International Journal of Environmental and Ecological Engineering 14(2) 0000000091950263: 63-66.
- Bremner C., Cochrane TA., McGuigan P. and Bello-Mendoza R. (2020) Removal of dissolved heavy metals from stormwater by filtration with granular recycled glass and mussel shell with and without microalgae biofilm. Environmental Technology and Innovation 18 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2020.100662.
- Villanueva-Rodríguez M., Bello-Mendoza R., Hernández-Ramírez A. and Ruiz-Ruiz EJ. (2019) Degradation of anti-inflammatory drugs in municipal wastewater by heterogeneous photocatalysis and electro-Fenton process. Environmental Technology (United Kingdom) 40(18): 2436-2445. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2018.1442880.