Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests are in the area of innovative technology for wastewater treatment and resource recovery, including anaerobic biotechnology and advanced oxidation processes. The fate of persistent organic contaminants in the aquatic environment is another field of study.
- Al-Essa E., Bello Mendoza R. and Wareham D. (2020) The effect of magnetite particle size on methane production by fresh and degassed anaerobic sludge. International Journal of Environmental and Ecological Engineering 14(2) 0000000091950263: 63-66.
- Bremner C., Cochrane TA., McGuigan P. and Bello-Mendoza R. (2020) Removal of dissolved heavy metals from stormwater by filtration with granular recycled glass and mussel shell with and without microalgae biofilm. Environmental Technology and Innovation 18 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2020.100662.
- Villanueva-Rodríguez M., Bello-Mendoza R., Hernández-Ramírez A. and Ruiz-Ruiz EJ. (2019) Degradation of anti-inflammatory drugs in municipal wastewater by heterogeneous photocatalysis and electro-Fenton process. Environmental Technology (United Kingdom) 40(18): 2436-2445. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2018.1442880.
- Musálem-Castillejos K., Laino-Guanes R., Bello Mendoza R., González-Espinosa M. and Ramírez-Marcial N. (2018) Water quality of the Grijalva river in the Chiapas and Tabasco border. Ecosistemas y Recursos Agropecuarios 5(13): 55-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.19136/era.a5n13.1334.
- Pokhrel SP., Milke MW., Bello-Mendoza R., Buitrón G. and Thiele J. (2018) Use of solid phosphorus fractionation data to evaluate phosphorus release from waste activated sludge. Waste Management 76: 90-97. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2018.03.008.