My research is focused on energy systems. I study the relationship between energy and natural systems (e.g., water, land, climate) for current, planned, and future energy pathways. I use computational modelling, data analysis, and statistics.
For other information about my work and student opportunities, please see my personal website:
- Chini CM. and Peer RAM. (2021) The traded water footprint of global energy from 2010 to 2018. Scientific Data 8(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41597-020-00795-6.
- Henry CL., Eshraghi H., Lugovoy O., Waite MB., DeCarolis JF., Farnham DJ., Ruggles TH., Peer RAM., Wu Y. and de Queiroz A. (2021) Promoting reproducibility and increased collaboration in electric sector capacity expansion models with community benchmarking and intercomparison efforts. Applied Energy 304 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2021.117745.
- Peer RAM. and Chini CM. (2021) Historical values of water and carbon intensity of global electricity production. Environmental Research: Infrastructure and Sustainability 1(2): 025001-025001. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/2634-4505/ac0a94.
- Meng M., Grubert E., Peer RAM. and Sanders KT. (2020) Spatially Allocating Life Cycle Water Use for US Coal-Fired Electricity across Producers, Generators, and Consumers. Energy Technology 8(11) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ente.201901497.
- Peer RAM. and Chini CM. (2020) An integrated assessment of the global virtual water trade network of energy. Environmental Research Letters 15(11) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/abbbb0.