Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include: Non-structural elements, Seismic loss assessment, Modelling and analysis of RC structures, Performance based earthquake engineering, Issues around traditional and emerging seismic design approaches, Seismic performance and design of shear walls
- Dhakal RP., Fenwick RC. and Walker A. (2008) Curvature ductility of reinforced concrete plastic hinges. Saarbrücken: VDM Verlag. 164pp.
- Dhakal RP. (2000) Enhanced fibre model in highly inelastic range and seismic performance assessment of reinforced concrete. Tokyo: University of Tokyo Press. 161.
- Puthanpurayil A., Dhakal RP. and Carr AJ. (2013) Optimal passive damper positioning techniques: State-of-the-art. In Lagaros ND; Plevris V; Mitropoulou CC (Ed.), Design Optimization of Active and Passive Structural Control Systems: 85-111. Athens: IGI-Global. http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/978-1-4666-2029-2.ch004.
- Dhakal RP. (2010) Structural Design of Earthquake Resistance. In Kunnath SK (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems: Structural Engineering and Geomechanics: 33pp. Oxford: EOLSS Publisher.
- Chang J., Dhakal RP., Moss PJ. and Buchanan AH. (2008) Connections on Hollow-Core Floor Systems for Enhanced Fire Performance. In Kodur VKR (Ed.), Designing Concrete Structures for Fire Safety: 175-198. Farmington Hills: American Concrete Institute.