Qualifications & Memberships
I work in a variety of areas related to civil and environmental engineering. I have extensive experience in landfill engineering, and conduct some research on leachate and gas emissions.
I have conducted research on groundwater through study of market approaches and also for research into groundwater quality.
I have research interests in engineering systems analysis methods, particularly tools used to analyse decisions, risk, uncertainty, and system properties (e.g., resilience).
I have research interests in the analysis of engineering failures and also in engineering education.
- Liu M., Milke MW., Heiler D. and Giovinazzi S. (2018) Postearthquake Decision Making on Sewer Recovery and the Roles of Damage and Repair Data: Case Study of Christchurch, New Zealand. Journal of Infrastructure Systems 24(1) 05017007: 11. 10.1061/(ASCE)IS.1943-555X.0000406.
- Liu M., Milke MW., Heiler D. and Giovinazzi S. (2018) Postearthquake Decision Making on Sewer Recovery and the Roles of Damage and Repair Data: Case Study of Christchurch, New Zealand. Journal of Infrastructure Systems 24(1) 05017007: 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)IS.1943-555X.0000406.
- Pokhrel SP., Milke MW., Bello-Mendoza R., Buitrón G. and Thiele J. (2018) Use of solid phosphorus fractionation data to evaluate phosphorus release from waste activated sludge. Waste Management 76: 90-97. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2018.03.008.
- Milke MW. (2017) The distinctiveness of civil engineering in engineering systems thinking and in new models in engineering education. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems 34(1): 78-87. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10286608.2017.1313246.
- Brown C. and Milke M. (2016) Recycling disaster waste: Feasibility, method and effectiveness. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 106: 21-32. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2015.10.021.