Senior LecturerGeertrui Van de Voorde
Jack Erskine 724
Internal Phone: 95641
My main research interest is finite projective geometry. In particular, I study the interplay between the combinatorial properties of particular sets and their algebraic description.
Moreover, I am interested in the links between finite geometry and other areas. Many open problems in coding theory can be translated into a purely geometrical problem. Similarly, examples of (extremal) graphs often arise from finite geometry.
- De Boeck M. and Van de Voorde G. (2022) Embedded antipodal planes and the minimum weight of the dual code of points and lines in projective planes of order p2. Designs, Codes, and Cryptography http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10623-022-01131-2.
- De Boeck M. and Van de Voorde G. (2022) The weight distributions of linear sets in PG(1,q5). Finite Fields and their Applications 82 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ffa.2022.102034.
- Jena D. and Van de Voorde G. (2022) The geometric field of linearity of linear sets. Designs, Codes, and Cryptography 90(3): 779-799. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10623-022-01011-9.
- Lavrauw M. and Van de Voorde G. (2022) LOCALLY REPAIRABLE CODES WITH HIGH AVAILABILITY BASED ON GENERALISED QUADRANGLES. Advances in Mathematics of Communications 16(1): 73-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.3934/amc.2020099.
- Schillewaert J. and Van de Voorde G. (2022) Characterising elliptic and hyperbolic hyperplanes of the parabolic quadric Q(2n,q). Finite Fields and their Applications 78 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ffa.2021.101961.