My research is primarily in the area of Number Theory, which is the discipline that studies properties of the integers. In particular, I study Diophantine equations, which are polynomial equations in many variables whose solutions are sought among the integers. Algebraic Geometry is the area of Mathematics that studies the geometric objects defined by polynomial equations and they play a fundamental role in my research. A spinoff of this research consists of applications to Cryptography (the study of encryption, which protects information from malicious attacks) and Coding Theory (which is the study of methods for protecting telecommunication against random errors).
- Salgado C., Varilly-Alvarado A. and Voloch JF. (2021) Locally Recoverable Codes on Surfaces. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 67(9): 5765-5777. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2021.3090939.
- Barros R. and Voloch JF. (2020) Effect of variation in density on the stability of bilinear shear currents with a free surface. Physics of Fluids 32(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.5133454.
- Booher J. and Voloch JF. (2020) Recovering algebraic curves from L-functions of Hilbert class fields. Research in Number Theory 6(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40993-020-00222-0.
- Sheekey JOHN., Van De Voorde G. and Voloch JF. (2020) On the Product of Elements with Prescribed Trace. Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1446788720000178.
- Shparlinski IE. and Voloch JF. (2020) Value Sets of Sparse Polynomials. Canadian Mathematical Bulletin 63(1): 187-196. http://dx.doi.org/10.4153/S0008439519000316.