Qualifications & Awards
Research interests include the history and philosophy of mathematics; the preparation, translation, and commentary of ancient mathematical texts in Greek, Latin, Sanskrit, Arabic and Akkadian; and ancient mathematical astronomy and modelling.
- Montelle C. and Plofker K. (2018) Sanskrit Astronomical Tables. Springer. 342.
- Montelle C. (2011) Chasing shadows: Mathematics, astronomy, and the early history of eclipse reckoning. 1-408.
- Montelle C. (2011) Chasing Shadows: Mathematics, Astronomy, and the Early History of Eclipse Reckoning. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. 408pp.
- Montelle CJ. (2018) The three mathematicians of Serendip. Story For the Creative and Curious 2018(1) https://www.qpac.com.au/the-creatory/big-ideas/the: 42-45.
- Montelle CJ. and Ramasubramanian K. (2018) Determining the Sine of One Degree in the Sarvasiddhāntarāja of Nityānanda. SCIAMVS 19: 1-52.