Qualifications & Memberships
Information on PhD and postdoc research opportunities: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/research/research-opportunities.
Brendon is a Professor of Earthquake Engineering and the Deputy Director of QuakeCoRE: The New Zealand Centre for Earthquake Resilience, which is a network of over 180 active researchers. His areas of interest include engineering seismology, strong ground motion prediction, seismic response analysis of structural and geotechnical systems, and seismic performance and loss estimation methods. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in 2007 and PhD in 2009. Prior to joining the University of Canterbury in 2010, Brendon worked at GNS Science in Wellington, New Zealand, and as a post-doctoral fellow at Chuo University in Tokyo, Japan. Brendon has received several notable awards for work with collaborators, including, the 2012 Ivan Skinner EQC award for the advancement of earthquake engineering in NZ; 2013 Royal Society of New Zealand Rutherford Discovery Fellowship; 2014 Shamsher Prakash Foundation Research Award; 2014 NZ Engineering Excellence Awards Young Engineer of the Year; 2015 University of Canterbury Teaching Award; 2015 TC203 Young Researcher Award; 2015 EERI Shah Innovation Prize; 2016 ASCE Norman Medal; and the 2016 NZ Prime Minister’s Emerging Scientist Prize. [updated May 2017]
For other information, please see Brendon's personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home
- de la Torre CA., Bradley BA. and Lee RL. (2020) Modeling nonlinear site effects in physics-based ground motion simulations of the 2010–2011 Canterbury earthquake sequence. Earthquake Spectra 36(2): 856-879. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293019891729.
- Kaklamanos J., Bradley BA., Moolacattu AN. and Picard BM. (2020) Physical hypotheses for adjusting coarse profiles and improving 1d site-response estimation assessed at 10 kik-net sites. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 110(3): 1338-1358. http://dx.doi.org/10.1785/0120190263.
- Lee RL., Bradley BA., Stafford PJ., Graves RW. and Rodriguez-Marek A. (2020) Hybrid broadband ground motion simulation validation of small magnitude earthquakes in Canterbury, New Zealand. Earthquake Spectra 36(2): 673-699. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293019891718.
- Thomson EM., Bradley BA. and Lee RL. (2020) Methodology and computational implementation of a New Zealand Velocity Model (NZVM2.0) for broadband ground motion simulation. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 63(1): 110-127. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2019.1636830.
- Thomson EM., Bradley BA., Lee RL., Wotherspoon LM., Wood CM. and Cox BR. (2020) Generalised parametric functions and spatial correlations for seismic velocities in the Canterbury, New Zealand region from surface-wave-based site characterisation. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 128 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105834.
Additional information, including PhD and research opportunities, can be found on Brendon’s personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home