Qualifications & Memberships
Information on PhD and postdoc research opportunities: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/research/research-opportunities.
Brendon is a Professor of Earthquake Engineering and the Deputy Director of QuakeCoRE: The New Zealand Centre for Earthquake Resilience, which is a network of over 180 active researchers. His areas of interest include engineering seismology, strong ground motion prediction, seismic response analysis of structural and geotechnical systems, and seismic performance and loss estimation methods. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in 2007 and PhD in 2009. Prior to joining the University of Canterbury in 2010, Brendon worked at GNS Science in Wellington, New Zealand, and as a post-doctoral fellow at Chuo University in Tokyo, Japan. Brendon has received several notable awards for work with collaborators, including, the 2012 Ivan Skinner EQC award for the advancement of earthquake engineering in NZ; 2013 Royal Society of New Zealand Rutherford Discovery Fellowship; 2014 Shamsher Prakash Foundation Research Award; 2014 NZ Engineering Excellence Awards Young Engineer of the Year; 2015 University of Canterbury Teaching Award; 2015 TC203 Young Researcher Award; 2015 EERI Shah Innovation Prize; 2016 ASCE Norman Medal; and the 2016 NZ Prime Minister’s Emerging Scientist Prize. [updated May 2017]
For other information, please see Brendon's personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home
- Thomson EM., Bradley BA., Lee RL., Wotherspoon LM., Wood CM. and Cox BR. (2020) Generalised parametric functions and spatial correlations for seismic velocities in the Canterbury, New Zealand region from surface-wave-based site characterisation. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 128 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105834.
- Bellagamba X., Bradley BA., Wotherspoon LM. and Hughes MW. (2019) Development and validation of fragility functions for buried pipelines based on Canterbury earthquake sequence data. Earthquake Spectra 35(3) 120917EQS253M: 1061-1086. http://dx.doi.org/10.1193/120917eqs253m.
- Bellagamba X., Bradley BA., Wotherspoon LM. and Lagrava WD. (2019) A Decision-Support Algorithm for Post-Earthquake Water Services Recovery and Its Application to the 22 February 2011 Mw 6.2 Christchurch Earthquake. Earthquake Spectra 35(3): 1397-1420. http://dx.doi.org/10.1193/052218eqs119m.
- Bellagamba X., Lee R. and Bradley BA. (2019) A neural network for automated quality screening of ground motion records from small magnitude earthquakes. Earthquake Spectra 35(4): 1637-1661. http://dx.doi.org/10.1193/122118EQS292M.
- Bradley BA. (2019) On-going challenges in physics-based ground motion prediction and insights from the 2010–2011 Canterbury and 2016 Kaikoura, New Zealand earthquakes. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 124: 354-364. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2018.04.042.
Additional information, including PhD and research opportunities, can be found on Brendon’s personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home