Qualifications & Memberships
Information on PhD and postdoc research opportunities: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/research/research-opportunities.
Brendon is a Professor of Earthquake Engineering and the Director of QuakeCoRE: The New Zealand Centre for Earthquake Resilience, which is a network of over 250 active researchers and practitioners. His areas of interest include engineering seismology, strong ground motion prediction, seismic response analysis of structural and geotechnical systems, and seismic performance and loss estimation methods. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in 2007 and PhD in 2009. Prior to joining the University of Canterbury in 2010, Brendon worked at GNS Science in Wellington, New Zealand, and as a post-doctoral fellow at Chuo University in Tokyo, Japan. Brendon has received several notable awards for work with collaborators, including, the 2012 Ivan Skinner EQC award for the advancement of earthquake engineering in NZ; 2013 Royal Society of New Zealand Rutherford Discovery Fellowship; 2014 Shamsher Prakash Foundation Research Award; 2014 NZ Engineering Excellence Awards Young Engineer of the Year; 2015 University of Canterbury Teaching Award; 2015 TC203 Young Researcher Award; 2015 EERI Shah Innovation Prize; 2016 ASCE Norman Medal; 2016 NZ Prime Minister’s Emerging Scientist Prize; 2018 NZ Geomechanics Award; and 2021 ISSMGE Bright Spark Lecture Award. [updated May 2021]
For other information, please see Brendon's personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home
- Geyin M., Maurer BW., Bradley BA., Green RA. and van Ballegooy S. (2021) CPT-based liquefaction case histories compiled from three earthquakes in Canterbury, New Zealand. Earthquake Spectra http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293021996367.
- Lin A., Wotherspoon L., Bradley B. and Motha J. (2021) Evaluation and modification of geospatial liquefaction models using land damage observational data from the 2010–2011 Canterbury Earthquake Sequence. Engineering Geology 287 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2021.106099.
- McGann CR., Bradley BA., Wotherspoon LM. and Lee RL. (2021) Basin effects and limitations of 1D site response analysis from 2D numerical models of the thorndon basin. Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 54(1): 21-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.5459/bnzsee.54.1.21-30.
- Ntritsos N., Cubrinovski M. and Bradley BA. (2021) Challenges in the definition of input motions for forensic ground-response analysis in the near-source region. Earthquake Spectra http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/87552930211001376.
- Cubrinovski M., Bradley BA., Elwood KJ., Johnston D., Orchiston C., Sullivan T. and Wotherspoon LM. (2020) Wellington’s earthquake resilience: Lessons from the 2016 Kaikōura earthquake. Earthquake Spectra 36(3): 1448-1484. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293020919426.
Additional information, including PhD and research opportunities, can be found on Brendon’s personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/brendonabradley/home