My research interests are primarily related to: the development of sustainable construction materials (such as magnesium silicate binder systems); determination of the residual capacity and degradation processes in corroded and seismically damaged reinforced concrete structures, and in situ resource utilization (ISRU) options for off-earth civil engineering construction applications.
- Matthews B., Palermo A. and Scott A. (2023) Overview of the cyclic response of reinforced concrete members subjected to artificial chloride-induced corrosion. Structural Concrete 24(1): 100-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/suco.202200365.
- Stratford C., Palermo A. and Scott A. (2023) Seismic Behavior of Concrete Bridge Piers Reinforced with Steel or GFRP Bars. Journal of Composites for Construction 27(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/JCCOF2.CCENG-3945.
- Dhakal M., Scott AN., Dhakal RP. and Clucas D. (2022) Structural and durability properties for magnesia alumina silicate concrete. Construction and Building Materials 340 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2022.127725.
- Dhakal M., Scott AN., Dhakal RP., Sullivan TJ. and Clucas D. (2022) Performance of MgO-Mk based M[sbnd]S[sbnd]H concrete column reinforced with steel and BFRP bars under cyclic loads. Structures 46: 1764-1780. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2022.11.025.
- Nataraj S., Hogan L., Scott A. and Ingham J. (2022) Simplified Mechanics-Based Approach for the Seismic Assessment of Corroded Reinforced Concrete Structures. Journal of Structural Engineering (United States) 148(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0003265.