My research interests range widely, from the design of advanced nanomaterial to their structural determination to the application of the new catalyst that is both environmental and process economical benign. More specifically, I am interested in the synthesis of heterogeneous catalyst, photocatalysis and conversion of biomass to transportation fuels using acid catalysis.
- Anwer H., Mahmood A., Lee J., Kim KH., Park JW. and Yip ACK. (2019) Photocatalysts for degradation of dyes in industrial effluents: Opportunities and challenges. Nano Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12274-019-2287-0.
- Hanif A., Sun M., Shang S., Tian Y., Yip ACK., Ok YS., Yu IKM., Tsang DCW., Gu Q. and Shang J. (2019) Exfoliated Ni-Al LDH 2D nanosheets for intermediate temperature CO2 capture. Journal of Hazardous Materials 374: 365-371. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.04.049.
- Jia X., Jiang D., Tsang DCW., Choi J. and Yip ACK. (2019) Stacking MFI Zeolite Structures for Improved Sonogashira Coupling Reactions. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 276: 147-153. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2018.09.039.
- Jia X., Yu IKM., Tsang DCW. and Yip ACK. (2019) Functionalized zeolite-solvent catalytic systems for microwave-assisted dehydration of fructose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 284: 43-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2019.04.022.
- Khan W., Jia X., Wu Z., Choi J. and Yip ACK. (2019) Incorporating Hierarchy into Conventional Zeolites for Catalytic Biomass Conversions: A Review. Catalysts 9(2) 127: 23. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/catal9020127.