a) Teaching and Research is one seamless entity that feeds our society. b) Curiosity and passion make your working day an holiday!
• Seismic design of bridges
• Seismic design of jointed ductile self-centering systems
• Dynamic behaviour of rigid bodies with particular emphasis to historical buildings
• Modelling of the seismic behaviour of precast/prestressed and reinforced concrete connections and systems
• Long term effects of composite steel-concrete, reinforced and/or prestressed concrete structures
• Interaction of creep, shrinkage and temperature in concrete elements (seasonal thermal variations in prestressed bridges and external panels)
• Flexural and shear behaviour of fibre reinforced and high performance concrete structures
• Timber buildings and bridges
• Serviceability, durability and maintenance of concrete bridges
- Pampanin S., Palermo AG. and Buchanan A. (2013) Structural Timber Innovation Company Inc. (2013). "Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company. 278.
- Andisheh K. and Palermo AG. (2019) The Effects of Corrosion on the Stress-strain Behavior of Confined Concrete. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering.
- Andisheh K., Scott A. and Palermo AG. (2019) Experimental evaluation of the residual compression strength and ultimate strain of chloride corrosion‐induced damaged concrete. Structural Concrete 20(1): 296-306. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/suco.201800108.
- Andisheh K., Scott A., Palermo AG. and Clucas D. (2019) Influence of chloride corrosion on the effective mechanical properties of steel reinforcement. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering 15(8): 1036-1048. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15732479.2019.1594313.
- Auman H. and Palermo AG. (2019) Experimental Performance of GFRP Reinforced Bridge Deck under Flexural Loading. IABSE SEI Journal.