a) Teaching and Research is one seamless entity that feeds our society. b) Curiosity and passion make your working day an holiday!
• Seismic design of bridges
• Seismic design of jointed ductile self-centering systems
• Dynamic behaviour of rigid bodies with particular emphasis to historical buildings
• Modelling of the seismic behaviour of precast/prestressed and reinforced concrete connections and systems
• Long term effects of composite steel-concrete, reinforced and/or prestressed concrete structures
• Interaction of creep, shrinkage and temperature in concrete elements (seasonal thermal variations in prestressed bridges and external panels)
• Flexural and shear behaviour of fibre reinforced and high performance concrete structures
• Timber buildings and bridges
• Serviceability, durability and maintenance of concrete bridges
- Pampanin S., Palermo AG. and Buchanan A. (2013) Structural Timber Innovation Company Inc. (2013). "Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company. 278.
- Auman H., Stratford C. and Palermo A. (2020) An Overview of Research and Applications of FRP in New Zealand Reinforced Concrete Structures. Structural Engineering International 30(2): 201-208. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10168664.2019.1699491.
- Chiaro G., Tasalloti A., Banasiak LJ., Palermo A., Granello G. and Rees S. (2020) Sustainable recycling of end-of-life tyres in civil (geotechnical) engineering applications: turning issues into opportunities in the New Zealand context. NZ Geomechanics News 99: 38-47.
- Granello G. and Palermo A. (2020) Fragility based methodology for evaluating time-dependent seismic performance of post-tensioned Timber Frames. Earthquake Spectra 36(1): 322-352. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293019878196.
- Granello G. and Palermo A. (2020) Monitoring Dynamic Properties of a Pres-Lam Structure: Trimble Navigation Office. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities 34(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0001359.