- Our Vision: That The University of Canterbury is recognised as a leading provider of Career Development Learning
- Our Purpose: To teach and facilitate Career Development Learning – the lifelong process of managing life, learning and work
- Our Values: Whanaungatanga | Tiakitanga | Manaakitanga
Please go to the Academic and Employer webpage to find out how we support your collaboration for Career Development Learning.
How we help UC Students and Graduates
Is my degree right for me? How do I know what I want to do? How do I meet potential employers?
If you have questions like these, UC Careers is here to help. Your time at university is for exploring your options and discovering your skills and interests; you don’t need to have it all figured out from the get-go! Our job is to support current students and recent graduates to make career decisions confidently and intentionally. Our services are free to all UC students, and we invite you to connect with us right from your first year to help plan your future career.
Ways we help:
- Book a one-on-one appointment with one of our qualified consultants to get advice on identifying your strengths, exploring career and study options, and building work-ready skills. We also help with job-hunting strategies, CV, applications, LinkedIn and interview practice.
- Online Career Centre you have free access to over 100+ career resources. Log in to build, track and boost your professional profile with the latest career development tools.
- My Jobs Board | NZUni Talent makes it easy to search and apply for graduate roles, internships, volunteer opportunities, part-time work and more. Log in to follow the latest job listings, activate notifications and apply for positions directly from your jobs board.
- Career Fairs, Employer Recruitment Events & Seminars Our events give you the chance to grow your network and learn strategies to step into the professional world. Check out upcoming events here.
- Co-curricular Record (CCR) Participating in pre-approved UC activities will help you gain valuable skills and attributes employers look for.
Got a question? Check out the FAQs or get in contact with us today.
Careers, Internships & Employment
Level 1, Jane Soons Building
University of Canterbury
Office hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday - Friday | Phone: +64 3 369 0303 | Email: email@example.com
Looking to recruit a student or graduate? Please contact the Employment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org