Gaming is an exciting and ever-growing industry where you can contribute in many ways, from building an immersive world with characters and obstacles, writing and storytelling, animation and sound, project management, testing, and marketing.
Through Game Development studies at UC, you will learn the tools and processes required to create modern digital games from scratch.
- Gain experience using industry standard game development tools, including Unity and Unreal.
- Develop your own games from the second year, taking concepts through to playable prototypes.
- Study in specially designed development labs, including AR/VR equipment, performance capture stages, gaming PC and console lounge, and more.
Game Development major
For the major in the Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours, complete the following courses:
- SENG201 Software Engineering 1
- PROD221 Game Design in Context
- PROD222 Game Project Studio 1
- PROD223 Immersive Game Design
- PROD224 Computation for Games
- PROD225 Game Development in Unreal and C++
- PROD321 Interactive Computer Graphics and Animation
- PROD323 Game Engines and Artificial Intelligence
At 400-level your compulsory courses in the degree will focus on Game Development projects.
Game Development minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport Coaching, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- 75 points of courses chosen from these options
Through this subject you can prepare for a career in all areas of game programming, including gameplay, AI, audio, graphics, and more.
You will also learn how to create an entertaining, educational, and meaningful gaming experience.
Some career pathways could include:
- Game art
- Game testing
- Multimedia programming
- Software engineering.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Digital Screen Campus
Browse related subjects to Game Development
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Indigenous Narrative explores ways of representing indigenous stories, history, and people through the cinema and video game industry, as traditional ...
Animation combines art with movement, creating cinematic scenes and dynamic, believable worlds full of life and motion. Studies at UC will help you develop ...