Health and Safety Team
UC's Health and Safety team makes sure UC meets its obligations with all occupational safety and health statutes and regulations. Meet our Health and Safety Team and get in touch if there's a notifiable event.
The Health and Safety team is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the University meets its obligations with all occupational safety and health statutes and regulations.
- Providing advice and assistance to staff and students around effective hazard management.
- Health and safety education aimed at empowering departments to effectively identify and manage the hazards in their area.
- Reporting and investigating events from across UC where staff/students/visitors /contractors have been injured or could have been injured in the course of their work.
- Provision of occupational health services for e.g. health monitoring
- Facilitating employee participation in Health & Safety.
- Monitoring the Health & Safety performance across the University and reporting on this to senior management along with relevant recommendations for improvement.
If a Notifiable Event occurs, please contact one of the Health & Safety Team.