Santiago Pujol is Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Canterbury. Prior to moving to New Zealand, he was Professor of Civil Engineering at the Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University. His experience includes: earthquake engineering, evaluation and strengthening of existing structures, response of reinforced concrete to impulsive loads and earthquake demands, instrumentation and testing of structures, and failure investigations. He is a Fellow of the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and member of ACI committees 445 (Torsion and Shear), 314 (Simplified Design), 133 (Disaster Reconnaissance), and 318R (High-Strength Reinforcement). He is also member of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), associate editor of Earthquake Spectra, and founder of datacenterhub.org (a site funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation and dedicated to the systematic collection of research data). He received the Chester Paul Siess Award for Excellence in Structural Research from ACI, the Educational Award from Architectural Institute of Japan, and the Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize from ASCE.
- Pollalis W., Shah P., Zhang Y., Mankame N., Zavattieri P. and Pujol S. (2023) Dynamic response of a Single-Degree-of-Freedom system containing Phase Transforming Cellular Materials. Engineering Structures 275 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2022.115205.
- Donmez C., Lequesne R., Pollalis W., Pujol S. and Segura C. (2022) Splice Failures in Tunnel-Form Structures after 30 October 2020 Seferihisar-Samos Earthquake. Concrete International.
- Shrestha S. and Pujol S. (2022) Drift Capacity of Reinforced Concrete Columns. ACI Structural Journal S-2022-030.
- Shrestha S., Carrillo J., Sezen H. and Pujol S. (2022) Shear Strength of Shear-Controlled Columns under Cyclic Loading. ACI Structural Journal 119(3): 129-140. http://dx.doi.org/10.14359/51734435.
- Ardila-Giraldo OA. and Pujol S. (2021) Initial shear demand in beams and one-way slabs subjected to blast load. Structures 32: 1679-1691. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2021.03.071.