Santiago Pujol is Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of Canterbury. Prior to moving to New Zealand, he was Professor of Civil Engineering at the Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University. His experience includes: earthquake engineering, evaluation and strengthening of existing structures, response of reinforced concrete to impulsive loads and earthquake demands, instrumentation and testing of structures, and failure investigations. He is a Fellow of the American Concrete Institute (ACI), and member of ACI committees 445 (Torsion and Shear), 314 (Simplified Design), 133 (Disaster Reconnaissance), and 318R (High-Strength Reinforcement). He is also member of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), associate editor of Earthquake Spectra, and founder of datacenterhub.org (a site funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation and dedicated to the systematic collection of research data). He received the Chester Paul Siess Award for Excellence in Structural Research from ACI, the Educational Award from Architectural Institute of Japan, and the Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize from ASCE.
- Ardila-Giraldo OA. and Pujol S. (2021) Initial shear demand in beams and one-way slabs subjected to blast load. Structures 32: 1679-1691. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2021.03.071.
- Alcocer S., Behrouzi A., Brena S., J Elwood K., Irfanoglu A., Kreger M., Lequesne R., Mosqueda G., Pujol S. and Puranam A. (2020) Observations about the seismic response of RC buildings in Mexico City. Earthquake Spectra 36(2_suppl): 154-174. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/8755293020942523.
- Guljaš I., Penava D., Laughery L. and Pujol S. (2020) Dynamic Tests of a Large-Scale Three-Story RC Structure with Masonry Infill Walls. Journal of Earthquake Engineering 24(11): 1675-1703. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2018.1475313.
- Opabola EA., Elwood KJ. and Pujol S. (2020) Influence of biaxial lateral loading on seismic response of reinforced concrete columns. ACI Structural Journal 117(6): 211-224. http://dx.doi.org/10.14359/51728069.
- Pujol S., Laughery L., Puranam A., Hesam P., Cheng LH., Lund A. and Irfanoglu A. (2020) Evaluation of seismic vulnerability indices for low-rise reinforced concrete buildings including data from the 6 february 2016 Taiwan earthquake. Journal of Disaster Research 15(1): 9-19. http://dx.doi.org/10.20965/jdr.2020.p0009.