My areas of expertise are Bioengineering, Fluid Mechanics, Heat and Mass Transfer and Thermodynamics within a wide range of applications including combustion systems, plasma sources, refrigeration systems, electrospraying, physoloical modelling, biomedical device R&D and forensics applications. I have researched fluid flow, mixing and heat transfer in gas burner systems, agricultural sprays and heat exchangers; modelled heat transfer and energy consumption in electrical floor heating and aquatic systems; vacuum plasma source design for mass spectrometry; liquid atomization, droplet formation and flight for forensic and healthcare applications.
Some of my current research interests are in:
- mechanobiology, biomechanics and mitigation of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) in contact sport players;
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer of vapour deposition processes and Phase Change Materials (PCMs) for thermal management of electronic equipment;
- bloodstain pattern formation simulation and reconstruction in Augmented Reality (AR) for virtual crime scene analysis.
- Derrick D., Kabaliuk N., Longworth L., Pishyar-Dehkordi P. and Jermy M. (2022) Speech air flow with and without face masks. Scientific Reports 12(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-04745-z.
- Stitt D., Kabaliuk N., Alexander K. and Draper N. (2022) Drop Test Kinematics Using Varied Impact Surfaces and Head/Neck Configurations for Rugby Headgear Testing. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 50(11): 1633-1647. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10439-022-03045-5.
- Stitt D., Kabaliuk N., Alexander K. and Draper N. (2022) Potential of Soft-Shell Rugby Headgear to Mitigate Linear and Rotational Peak Accelerations. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 50(11): 1546-1564. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10439-022-02912-5.
- Williamson PN., Docherty PD., Khanafer A., Yazdi SG., Jermy M., Kabaliuk N. and Murton B. (2022) Particle Image Velocimetry Evaluation of Hemodynamics Proximal to the Kissing Stent Configuration in the Aorto-Iliac Bifurcation. Journal of Endovascular Therapy http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/15266028221141024.
- Draper N., Kabaliuk N., Stitt D., Alexander K. and Draper N. (2021) Potential of soft-shelled rugby headgear to reduce linear impact accelerations. Journal of Healthcare Engineering 2021 5567625: 10.