The last few years, I worked mainly in the area of traffic flow modeling and control. To be more specific, I am interested in modeling the traffic dynamics on motorways and urban networks, both at the macroscopic and microscopic level. Developing control strategies to mitigate the traffic congestion in large-scale urban networks under over-saturated traffic regime is also one of my main research interests.
- Johari M., Keyvan-Ekbatani M. and Ngoduy D. (2022) Traffic dynamics in bi-modal urban networks: a cross-comparison of outflow 2D-NMFD and 3D-NMFD. Transportmetrica B 10(1): 555-585. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21680566.2021.2023691.
- Tran CQ., Keyvan-Ekbatani M., Ngoduy D. and Watling D. (2022) Dynamic wireless charging lanes location model in urban networks considering route choices. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 139 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2022.103652.
- Corman F., Trivella A. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2021) Stochastic process in railway traffic flow: models, methods and implications. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies Volume 128(Virtual Special Issue ISTTT24) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2021.103167.
- Guo H., Xie K. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2021) Lane change detection using naturalistic driving data. In IEEE Conference on Models and Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems IEEE. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MT-ITS49943.2021.9529287.
- Jiang S., Keyvan-Ekbatani M. and Ngoduy D. (2021) A model predictive perimeter control with real-time partitions. In the proceedings of IFAC Symposium on Control in Transportation Systems IFAC-PapersOnLine Elsevier. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2021.06.052.