The last few years, I worked mainly in the area of traffic flow modeling and control. To be more specific, I am interested in modeling the traffic dynamics on motorways and urban networks, both at the macroscopic and microscopic level. Developing control strategies to mitigate the traffic congestion in large-scale urban networks under over-saturated traffic regime is also one of my main research interests.
- Corman F., Trivella A. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2021) Stochastic process in railway traffic flow: models, methods and implications. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies Volume 128(Virtual Special Issue ISTTT24) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2021.103167.
- Guo H., Xie K. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2021) Lane change detection using naturalistic driving data. In IEEE Conference on Models and Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems IEEE. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MT-ITS49943.2021.9529287.
- Jiang S., Keyvan-Ekbatani M. and Ngoduy D. (2021) A model predictive perimeter control with real-time partitions. In the proceedings of IFAC Symposium on Control in Transportation Systems IFAC-PapersOnLine Elsevier. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2021.06.052.
- Johari M., Keyvan-Ekbatani M., Leclercq L., Ngoduy D. and Mahmassani H. (2021) Macroscopic network-level traffic models: Bridging fifty years of development toward the next era. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2021.103334.
- Keyvan-Ekbatani M., Carlson RC., Knoop VL. and Papageorgiou M. (2021) Optimizing distribution of metered traffic flow in perimeter control: Queue and delay balancing approaches. Control Engineering Practice 110 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2021.104762.