The last few years, I worked mainly in the area of traffic flow modeling and control. To be more specific, I am interested in modeling the traffic dynamics on motorways and urban networks, both at the macroscopic and microscopic level. Developing control strategies to mitigate the traffic congestion in large-scale urban networks under over-saturated traffic regime is also one of my main research interests.
- Guo H., Xie K. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2023) Modeling driver's evasive behavior during safety–critical lane changes: Two-dimensional time-to-collision and deep reinforcement learning. Accident Analysis and Prevention 186 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2023.107063.
- Jiang S. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2023) Hybrid perimeter control with real-time partitions in heterogeneous urban networks: An integration of deep learning and MPC. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 154 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2023.104240.
- Johari M., Jiang S., Keyvan-Ekbatani M. and Ngoduy D. (2023) Mode differentiation in partitioning of mixed bi-modal urban networks. Transportmetrica B 11(1): 463-485. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21680566.2022.2089271.
- Tran CQ., Keyvan-Ekbatani M. and Ngoduy D. (2023) Towards clean transportation systems: Infrastructure planning for EVs charging while driving. Sustainable Cities and Society 96 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2023.104633.
- Gomez Patino CM., Buisson C. and Keyvan-Ekbatani M. (2022) Impact of Variability of Car-Following Parameters on Road Capacity: The Simple Case of Newell’s Model. Transportation Research Record http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/03611981221105278.