Physical properties and device applications of metal oxide semiconductors (in particular the semiconducting oxides of zinc, magnesium, tin, indium, gallium, and their alloys). Transparent thin film transistors for high speed pixel switching in optical displays. UVB photodetectors for monitoring personal UV exposures for the prevention of skin cancer and vitamin D deficiency.
- Allen M. (2020) Invited Conference Address - The relationship between the surface chemistry and surface electronic properties of functional transparent semiconducting oxides. Montecatini Terme, Italy (rescheduled until 2021): 2020 CIMTEC - International Conferences on Modern Materials and Technologies, 15-19 Jun 2020.
- Allen MW., Swift N., Nield KM., Liley B. and McKenzie RL. (2020) Use of electronic UV dosimeters in measuring personal UV exposures and public health education. Atmosphere 11(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/atmos11070744.
- Blesić SM., du Preez DJ., Stratimirović DI., Ajtić JV., Ramotsehoa MC., Allen MW. and Wright CY. (2020) Characterization of personal solar ultraviolet radiation exposure using detrended fluctuation analysis. Environmental Research 182 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2019.108976.
- Borgersen J., Vines L., Frodason YK., Kuznetsov A., von Wenckstern H., Grundmann M., Allen MW., Zuniga-Pérez J. and Johansen KM. (2020) Experimental exploration of the amphoteric defect model by cryogenic ion irradiation of a range of wide band gap oxide materials.. J Phys Condens Matter http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-648X/abac8b.
- Gazoni RM., Carroll L., Scott JI., Astley S., Evans DA., Downard AJ., Reeves RJ. and Allen MW. (2020) Relationship between the hydroxyl termination and band bending at (2¯ 01)β-G a2 O3 surfaces RELATIONSHIP between the HYDROXYL.. R. M. GAZONI et al.. Physical Review B 102(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.102.035304.