My work aims at developing and maintaining resilient and sustainable water resources systems.
Current specific research efforts include
(i) analysis of hydrological flow pathways,
(ii) methodological developments in hydrological modeling,
(iii) flood modeling and flood protection,
(iv) hydropower system management,
(v) water-food-energy-ecosystem-climate nexus,
(vi) groundwater recharge assessment,
(vii) climate change adaptation,
(viii) role of nature for human wellbeing.
- Chico D., Pahlow M., Willaarts BA., Sinisgalli P. and Garrido A. (2022) An Integrated Approach to Assess the Water Efficiency of Introducing Best Management Practices: An Application to Sugarcane Mechanisation in Brazil. Water (Switzerland) 14(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w14071072.
- Jiang Q., Bhattarai N., Pahlow M. and Xu Z. (2022) Environmental sustainability and footprints of global aquaculture. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 180 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2022.106183.
- Shrestha JP., Pahlow M. and Cochrane TA. (2022) Managing reservoir sedimentation through coordinated operation of a transboundary system of reservoirs in the Mekong. Journal of Hydrology 610 127930: 127930-127930. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2022.127930.
- Multsch S., Krol MS., Pahlow M., Assunção ALC., Barretto AGOP., de Jong van Lier Q. and Breuer L. (2021) Assessment of potential implications of agricultural irrigation policy on surface water scarcity in Brazil. http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/hess-2019-174.
- Nguyen A., Cochrane TA. and Pahlow M. (2021) A framework to assess the reliability of a multipurpose reservoir under uncertainty in land use. Water (Switzerland) 13(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w13030287.