My work aims at developing and maintaining resilient and sustainable water resources systems.
Current specific research efforts include
(i) analysis of hydrological flow pathways,
(ii) methodological developments in hydrological modeling,
(iii) flood modeling and flood protection,
(iv) hydropower system management,
(v) water-food-energy-ecosystem-climate nexus,
(vi) groundwater recharge assessment,
(vii) climate change adaptation,
(viii) role of nature for human wellbeing.
- Chico D., Pahlow M., Willaarts BA., Sinisgalli P. and Garrido A. (2022) An Integrated Approach to Assess the Water Efficiency of Introducing Best Management Practices: An Application to Sugarcane Mechanisation in Brazil. Water (Switzerland) 14(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w14071072.
- Jiang Q., Bhattarai N., Pahlow M. and Xu Z. (2022) Environmental sustainability and footprints of global aquaculture. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 180 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2022.106183.
- Jiang Q., Xu Z., Ye G., Pahlow M., Hu M. and Qu S. (2022) A systematic scoping review of environmental and socio-economic effects of COVID-19 on the global ocean-human system. Science of the Total Environment 849 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.157925.
- Nguyen A., Cochrane TA. and Pahlow M. (2022) Optimising water allocation and land management to mitigate the effects of land use and climate change on reservoir performance. Hydrological Sciences Journal 67(14): 2129-2146. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2022.2132162.
- Nguyen TT., Bach PM. and Pahlow M. (2022) Multi-scale stormwater harvesting to enhance urban resilience to climate change impacts and natural disasters. Blue-Green Systems 4(1): 58-74. http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/bgs.2022.008.