My work aims at developing and maintaining resilient and sustainable water resources systems.
Current specific research efforts include
(i) analysis of hydrological flow pathways,
(ii) methodological developments in hydrological modeling,
(iii) flood modeling and flood protection,
(iv) hydropower system management,
(v) water-food-energy-ecosystem-climate nexus,
(vi) groundwater recharge assessment,
(vii) climate change adaptation,
(viii) role of nature for human wellbeing.
- Nguyen A., Cochrane TA. and Pahlow M. (2021) A framework to assess the reliability of a multipurpose reservoir under uncertainty in land use. Water (Switzerland) 13(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w13030287.
- Nguyen TT., Meurk C., Benavidez R., Jackson B. and Pahlow M. (2021) The effect of blue‐green infrastructure on habitat connectivity and biodiversity: A case study in the Ōtākaro/avon river catchment in christchurch, new zealand. Sustainability (Switzerland) 13(12) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su13126732.
- Singh SK., Pahlow M., Goeller B. and Matheson F. (2021) Data- and model-driven determination of flow pathways in the Piako catchment, New Zealand. Journal of Hydro-Environment Research 37: 82-94. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jher.2021.06.004.
- Multsch S., Krol MS., Pahlow M., Assunção ALC., Barretto AGOP., De Jong Van Lier Q. and Breuer L. (2020) Assessment of potential implications of agricultural irrigation policy on surface water scarcity in Brazil. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 24(1): 307-324. http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/hess-24-307-2020.
- Qasemipour E., Tarahomi F., Pahlow M., Sadati SSM. and Abbasi A. (2020) Assessment of virtual water flows in Iran using a multi-regional input-output analysis. Sustainability (Switzerland) 12(18) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/SU12187424.