Research interests include:
- Water quality monitoring and analysis (chemical/physical properties)
- Contaminant load modelling
- Ecological treatment systems for improving water quality
- Low impact/multi-value community infrastructure
- Charters F., Gregoire Carai N. and Cochrane T. (2021) Performance of downpipe treatment system for removal of dissolved metals from roof runoff. Environmental Technology and Innovation 22: 101472-101472. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2021.101472.
- Charters FJ., Cochrane TA. and O’Sullivan AD. (2021) The influence of urban surface type and characteristics on runoff water quality. Science of The Total Environment 755: 142470-142478. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.142470.
- Charters F., Cochrane T. and O'Sullivan A. (2020) Predicting Event-Based Sediment and Heavy Metal Loads in Untreated Urban Runoff from Impermeable Surfaces. Water 12(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w12040969.
- Chakravarthy K., Charters F. and Cochrane T. (2019) The impact of urbanisation on New Zealand freshwater quality. Policy Quarterly 15(3): 17-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.26686/pq.v15i3.5683.
- Charters F., Cochrane TA. and O'Sullivan AD. (2017) Characterising urban zinc generation to identify surface pollutant hotspots in a low intensity rainfall climate. Water Science and Technology 76(6) WST-EM161777R1: 1370-1377. http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/wst.2017.306.