Fabian's interests are agile software development, continuous integration and DevOps, model-driven software engineering, domain specific languages and application of natural language processing to software engineering.
Fabian's current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from user stories (i.e. natural language descriptions), extract design decisions from chat-based communication and improve the management of technical debt with architecture-level metrics. He's also active into enhancing the teaching and learning of software and model-driven engineering through evidence-based research and teaching.
- Morales-Trujillo ME., Galster M., Gilson F. and Mathews M. (2021) A Three-Year Study on Peer Evaluation in a Software Engineering Project Course. IEEE Transactions on Education http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TE.2021.3123682.
- Silva CC., Galster M. and Gilson F. (2021) Topic modeling in software engineering research. Empirical Software Engineering 26(6) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10664-021-10026-0.
- Gilson F., Annand S. and Steel J. (2020) Recording software design decisions on the fly. In CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2799: 53-66.
- Gilson F., Galster M. and Georis F. (2020) Generating Use Case Scenarios from User Stories. In Proc. of the 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software and System Processes (ICSSP): 31-40. ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3379177.3388895.
- Gilson F., Morales M. and Mathews M. (2020) How Junior Developers Deal with Their Technical Debt? In Proc. of 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Technical Debt (TechDebt): 51-61. ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3387906.3388624.