My research interests are agile software development, model driven software engineering, domain specific languages and the Internet of Things. I intend to extensively design, generate or use models everywhere.
My current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from natural language descriptions, knowledge extraction, event-based coupling of devices in the internet of things and improving our software engineering curricula and my teaching skills.
- Gilson F. and Weyns D. (2019) When Natural Language Processing Jumps into Collaborative Software Engineering. In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture Workshops (ICSAW 2019): 238-241. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-W.2019.00049.
- Gilson F., Galster M. and Georis FCC. (2019) Extracting Quality Attributes from User Stories for Early Architecture Decision Making. In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture Workshops (ICSAW 2019): 129-136. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-W.2019.00031.
- Amrani M., Gilson F. and Englebert V. (2018) Complex Event Processing for User-Centric Management of IoT Systems. Porto, Portugal: International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD 2017), 19-21 Feb 2017. In Communications in Computer and Information Science 880: 426-448. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94764-8_18.
- Gilson F. (2018) Teaching software language engineering and usability through students peer reviews. Copenhagen, Denmark: 21st ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS '18), 14-19 Oct 2018. In Proceedings MODELS '18: 98-105. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3270112.3270124.
- Gilson F. and Irwin C. (2018) From User Stories to Use Case Scenarios towards a Generative Approach. Adelaide, Australia: 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC), 26-30 Nov 2018. In 2018 ASWEC Proceedings: 61-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ASWEC.2018.00016.