My research interests are agile software development, model driven software engineering, domain specific languages and the Internet of Things. I intend to extensively design, generate or use models everywhere.
My current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from natural language descriptions, knowledge extraction, event-based coupling of devices in the internet of things and improving our software engineering curricula and my teaching skills.
- Amrani M., Gilson F. and Englebert V. (2018) Complex Event Processing for User-Centric Management of IoT Systems. Porto, Portugal: International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD 2017), 19-21 Feb 2017. In Communications in Computer and Information Science 880: 426-448. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94764-8_18.
- Gilson F. (2018) Teaching Software Language Engineering and Usability Through Students Peer Reviews. In Proceedings of the 21st ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems: Companion Proceedings: 98-105. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3270112.3270124.
- Gilson F. and Irwin C. (2018) From User Stories to Use Case Scenarios towards a Generative Approach. In 2018 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC): 61-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ASWEC.2018.00016.
- Amrani M., Gilson FM., Debieche A. and Englebert V. (2017) Towards User-centric DSLs to Manage IoT Systems. Porto, Portugal: International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD 2017), 19-21 Feb 2017. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development: 569-576. http://dx.doi.org/10.5220/0006285405690576.
- Gilson FM., Bittar A. and Schobbens PY. (2017) Public Debates on the Web. Rome, Italy: International Conference on Web Engineering, 5-8 Jun 2017. In Web Engineering, ICWE 2017, Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences 10360: 520-532. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-60131-1_37.