Fabian's interests are agile software development, continuous integration and DevOps, model-driven software engineering, domain specific languages and application of natural language processing to software engineering.
Fabian's current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from user stories (i.e. natural language descriptions), extract design decisions from chat-based communication and improve the management of technical debt with architecture-level metrics. He's also active into enhancing the teaching and learning of software and model-driven engineering through evidence-based research and teaching.
- Costa Silva C., Galster M. and Gilson F. (2022) A qualitative analysis of themes in instant messaging communication of software developers. Journal of Systems and Software 192 111397: 1-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2022.111397.
- Josephs A., Gilson F. and Galster M. (2022) Towards Automatic Classification of Design Decisions from Developer Conversations. In 19th IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA): 10-14. IEEE. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C54293.2022.00009.
- Van Heugten Breurkes J., Gilson F. and Galster M. (2022) Overlap between Automated Unit and Acceptance Testing - A Systematic Literature Review. In 26th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE): 80-89. ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3530019.3530028.
- Costa Silva C., Galster M. and Gilson F. (2021) Topic modeling in software engineering research. Empirical Software Engineering 26(6) 120: 1-62. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10664-021-10026-0.
- Morales-Trujillo ME., Galster M., Gilson F. and Mathews M. (2021) A Three-Year Study on Peer Evaluation in a Software Engineering Project Course. IEEE Transactions on Education : 1-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TE.2021.3123682.