My research interests are agile software development, model driven software engineering, domain specific languages and the Internet of Things. I intend to extensively design, generate or use models everywhere.
My current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from natural language descriptions, knowledge extraction, event-based coupling of devices in the internet of things and improving our software engineering curricula and my teaching skills.
- Gilson F., Galster M. and Georis F.. (2020) Generating Use Case Scenarios from User Stories. In Proc. of the 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software and System Processes (ICSSP): 31-40. ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3379177.3388895.
- Gilson F., Morales M. and Mathews M.. (2020) How Junior Developers Deal with Their Technical Debt? In Proc. of 2020 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Technical Debt (TechDebt): 51-61. ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3387906.3388624.
- Costa Silva C., Gilson F. and Galster M.. (2019) Comparison Framework for Team-Based Communication Channels. In Franch X; M annist o T; Martínez-Fernández S (Eds). Product-Focused Software Process Improvement: 315-322. Springer International Publishing.
- Galster M., Gilson F. and Georis F.. (2019) What Quality Attributes Can We Find in Product Backlogs? A Machine Learning Perspective. In Bures T; Duchien L; Inverardi P (Eds). Software Architecture 11681: 88-96. Springer International Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-29983-5_6.
- Gilson F. and Weyns D.. (2019) When Natural Language Processing Jumps into Collaborative Software Engineering. In Proceedings of ICSA-C 2019: 238-241. IEEE Computer Society. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C.2019.00049.