My research interests are agile software development, model driven software engineering, domain specific languages and the Internet of Things. I intend to extensively design, generate or use models everywhere.
My current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from natural language descriptions, knowledge extraction, event-based coupling of devices in the internet of things and improving our software engineering curricula and my teaching skills.
- Costa Silva C., Gilson F. and Galster M. (2019) Comparison Framework for Team-Based Communication Channels. In Product-Focused Software Process Improvement: 315-322.
- Galster M., Gilson F. and Georis F. (2019) What Quality Attributes Can We Find in Product Backlogs? A Machine Learning Perspective. Paris, France: European Conference on Software Architecture, 9-13 Sep 2019. In Software Architecture 11681: 88-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-29983-5_6.
- Gilson F. and Weyns D. (2019) When Natural Language Processing Jumps into Collaborative Software Engineering. Hamburg, Germany: 2019 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture Companion (ICSA-C), 25-26 Mar 2019. In Proceedings of ICSA-C 2019: 238-241. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C.2019.00049.
- Gilson F., Galster M. and Georis FCC. (2019) Extracting Quality Attributes from User Stories for Early Architecture Decision Making. Hamburg, Germany: 2019 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture Companion (ICSA-C), 25-26 Mar 2019. In Proceedings - ICSA-C 2019: 129-136. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C.2019.00031.
- Amrani M., Gilson F. and Englebert V. (2018) Complex Event Processing for User-Centric Management of IoT Systems. Porto, Portugal: International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD 2017), 19-21 Feb 2017. In Communications in Computer and Information Science 880: 426-448. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94764-8_18.