My research interests are agile software development, model driven software engineering, domain specific languages and the Internet of Things. I intend to extensively design, generate or use models everywhere.
My current projects include approaches to (collaboratively) generate models from natural language descriptions, knowledge extraction, event-based coupling of devices in the internet of things and improving our software engineering curricula and my teaching skills.
- Gilson F. and Weyns D. (2019) When Natural Language Processing Jumps into Collaborative Software Engineering. In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture Workshops (ICSAW 2019): 238-241. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C.2019.00049.
- Gilson F., Galster M. and Georis FCC. (2019) Extracting Quality Attributes from User Stories for Early Architecture Decision Making. Hamburg, Germany: International Workshop on Decision Making in Software Architecture (MARCH), : 129-136. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSA-C.2019.00031.
- Amrani M., Gilson F. and Englebert V. (2018) Complex Event Processing for User-Centric Management of IoT Systems. Porto, Portugal: International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development (MODELSWARD 2017), 19-21 Feb 2017. In Communications in Computer and Information Science 880: 426-448. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94764-8_18.
- Gilson F. (2018) Teaching software language engineering and usability through students peer reviews. Copenhagen, Denmark: 21st ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS '18), 14-19 Oct 2018. In Proceedings MODELS '18: 98-105. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3270112.3270124.
- Gilson F. and Irwin C. (2018) From User Stories to Use Case Scenarios towards a Generative Approach. Adelaide, Australia: 25th Australasian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC), 26-30 Nov 2018. In 2018 ASWEC Proceedings: 61-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ASWEC.2018.00016.