Qualifications & Memberships
Current research interests include high temperature superconductivity in electric power machines; smart grids and renewable energy; LED lighting; computer modelling and simulation of transformers; high voltage.
- Asef P., Denai M., Paulides JJH., Marques BR. and Lapthorn A. (2023) A Novel Multi-Criteria Local Latin Hypercube Refinement System for Commutation Angle Improvement in IPMSMs. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 59(2): 1588-1602. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2022.3225786.
- Collett G., Nicholson C., Smith L., Stevens C., Thomas W. and Lapthorn A. (2022) Nepalese Pico Hydropower Generation. In 2022 7th IEEE Workshop on the Electronic Grid, eGRID 2022 http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/eGRID57376.2022.9990018.
- Subritzky S. and Lapthorn A. (2022) DC Suitability of AC Appliances. In 2022 7th IEEE Workshop on the Electronic Grid, eGRID 2022 http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/eGRID57376.2022.9990027.
- Teh XY., Xue Y., Liang Z., Ramirez J. and Lapthorn A. (2022) Investigation of Geomagnetically Induced Currents (GICs) Susceptibility of Different Three-Phase Power Transformer Cores. In 2022 7th IEEE Workshop on the Electronic Grid, eGRID 2022 http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/eGRID57376.2022.9990010.
- Asef P. and Lapthorn A. (2021) Overview of Sensitivity Analysis Methods Capabilities for Traction AC Machines in Electrified Vehicles. IEEE Access 9: 23454-23471. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3056933.
Dr Andrew Lapthorn from UC’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at work in the High Voltage Lab, the only facility of its kind in a New Zealand university. It does commercial testing for the electrical industry.