Qualifications & Memberships
Current research interests include high temperature superconductivity in electric power machines; smart grids and renewable energy; LED lighting; computer modelling and simulation of transformers; high voltage.
- Asef P., Denai M., Paulides JJH., Marques BR. and Lapthorn A. (2022) A Novel Multi-Criteria Local Latin Hypercube Refinement System for Commutation Angle Improvement in IPMSMs. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications : 1-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/tia.2022.3225786.
- Asef P. and Lapthorn A. (2021) Overview of Sensitivity Analysis Methods Capabilities for Traction AC Machines in Electrified Vehicles. IEEE Access 9: 23454-23471. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3056933.
- Asef P., Bargallo R., Lapthorn A., Tavernini D., Shao L. and Sorniotti A. (2021) Assessment of the energy consumption and drivability performance of an ipmsm-driven electric vehicle using different buried magnet arrangements. Energies 14(5) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/en14051418.
- Asef P., Denai M., Marques BR., Paulides JJH. and Lapthorn A. (2021) Commutation angle maps evaluation for magnet arrangements of interior permanent magnet synchronous machines in electric vehicles. In SEST 2021 - 4th International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SEST50973.2021.9543397.
- Asef P., Milan M., Lapthorn A. and Padmanaban S. (2021) Future trends and aging analysis of battery energy storage systems for electric vehicles. Sustainability (Switzerland) 13(24) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/su132413779.
Dr Andrew Lapthorn from UC’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at work in the High Voltage Lab, the only facility of its kind in a New Zealand university. It does commercial testing for the electrical industry.