Qualifications & Memberships
Current research interest concerns problems of democratisation and economic marketisation of post-communist Europe as well as the prospects for further EU enlargement to the East and its impacts on New Zealand.
- Petrovic M; Tzifakis N (Ed.) (2021) EU enlargement to the Western Balkans: The geopolitical turn or another postponement? (Special Journal Issue). Journal of Contemporary European Studies 29(2).
- Petrovic M; Fish SM; Gill G (Ed.) (2017) A Quarter Century of Post-Communism Assessed. (First ed.) Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan - Springer. 360. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43437-7.
- Petrovic M. (2013) The democratic transition of post-communist Europe: In the shadow of communist differences and uneven EUropeanisation. Houndmills, Basingstoke and New York: Palgrave Macmillan. xx+196. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9781137315359.
- Petrovic M. and Griffin A. (2021) The EU’s Eastern enlargement as an opportunity for increasing trade and economic relations between the EU and New Zealand. Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies 13(2).
- Petrovic M. and Wilson G. (2021) Bilateral relations in the Western Balkans as a challenge for EU accession. Jiurnal of Contemporary European Studies 29(2): 201-218. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14782804.2020.1865884.
Milenko Petrovic was Jean Monnet Chair between 2017 and 2021.