Delivery Service Information
What services are provided?
The Library will post items you have requested to you or send scans of chapters & journal articles to your email address. Postage is paid for by the University and each parcel sent to you will include return postage. You can request standard loans and 3 day loan items only. Items on 3 hour, 1 hour or 1 day loan cannot be posted. Items not held by the Library may be requested using the interloans service.
To request a scan of an article that is not available electronically please contact us by email with the details of your request.
You will also have access to many online resources, including guidance on using library resources, advice on search strategies, databases and other electronic resources.
Students living outside of New Zealand are welcome to register for library distance services. The Library cannot post books overseas but we do offer the following services:
- Access to the Library's website and electronic resources
- Scanned copies of book chapters and journal articles
- Use of the interloan service
- As a UC student, you are able to borrow from other academic libraries throughout New Zealand and Australia. See here for further details
Consult a Subject Librarian
- Identifying relevant information sources for your topic
- Designing search strategies for finding information
- Using the Library's resources, both print and electronic
- Ways of keeping up with what is being published in your subject
Library items are delivered to you by Courier. To return the item you need to book a pickup with the courier using the website link on the return label that is sent to you with the item. In some cases, particularly with rural addresses, the courier will not pick up from your address. The alternative option is to post back using our Freepost address below.
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Freephone: 0800 763 676
Internal extension: ext 94888
Am I Eligible?
All fully enrolled students or staff are eligible for delivery services. We are unable to deliver to University of Canterbury halls of residence. We do not post any items outside of New Zealand. If you are a UC student living outside of Canterbury, you are eligible to borrow from other academic libraries throughout New Zealand and Australia. See here for further details.