Law and Criminal Justice course advice
The Student Advisors in the School of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study in Law and Criminal Justice.
Drop in Course Advising Sessions will be held prior to, and during, the first weeks of teaching in Semester 1, 2020. On Drop In days, no individual appointments are available, students should take a seat on Level 3, Meremere Building (follow the signs near the lifts) and wait to be called.
|Mon 10 Feb||10am to noon ONLY|
|Tue 11 Feb||10am to noon ONLY|
|Wed 12 Feb||10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm|
|Thu 13 Feb||10am to noon and 2pm to 3pm|
|Fri 14 Feb||2pm to 4pm ONLY|
|Mon 17 Feb||10am to 11am and 2pm to 4pm|
|Tue 18 Feb||10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm|
|Wed 19 Feb||10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm|
|Fri 21 Feb||2pm to 4pm ONLY|
|Mon 24 Feb||10am to noon ONLY|
|Tue 25 Feb||2pm to 4pm ONLY|
|Thu 27 Feb||10am to noon and 3pm to 4pm|
|Fri 28 Feb||10am to noon and 2pm to 4pm|
School of Law Student Advisors are located on Level 3, Meremere Building. On days other than those listed above, individual appointments to see a Student Advisor may be made via the links below.
How we can help
Appointments are the ideal way to:
- Check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, double degree cross-credits)
- Check your degree planning or assist you with your degree planning
- See about exceptions that may be available for your degree (concurrent enrolment, prerequisite exemption)
- Seek advice about academic progress concerns.
If you are unsure whether you need an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Book an appointment online
Book online to see a School of Law Course Advisor. If you have trouble booking an appointment online, contact reception on +64 3 369 3888.
Please note that all appointments with Ariana are via phone. Ariana will call you at your confirmed time.
Send us an email
You can email us for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in UC Student Web when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check). If it is too complicated to determine this by email, we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Before you come
Ariana's office is room 302 and Simon's office is room 333 - on Level 3 of the Business and Law building.
Our reception area is located on level two of the Business and Law building on University Drive. It is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You can deliver applications for processing to our level 2 reception area from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Such documents include:
- Completed transfer or credit applications
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/Concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).