Law and Criminal Justice course advice
The Student Advisors in the School of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study.
Student Advisors are located on Level 3, Meremere Building. Please book an online appointment, see details below.
How we can help
Appointments are the ideal way to:
- Check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, double degree cross-credits)
- Check your degree planning or assist you with your degree planning
- See about exceptions that may be available for your degree (concurrent enrolment, prerequisite exemption)
- Seek advice about academic progress concerns.
If you are unsure whether you need an appointment, email email@example.com
Book an appointment online
Book online to see a School of Law Course Advisor. If you have trouble booking an appointment online, contact reception on +64 3 369 3888.
Send us an email
You can email us for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in UC Student Web when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check). If it is too complicated to determine this by email, we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Before you come
If you are a Bachelor of Criminal Justice students, complete the BCJ Completion Checklist and bring it to your course advising session.
- Download the BCJ Completion Checklist (PDF 93KB)
Kim's office is room 302 and Simon's office is room 333 - on Level 3 of the Business and Law building.
Our reception area is located on level two of the Business and Law building on University Drive. It is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You can deliver applications for processing to our level 2 reception area from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Such documents include:
- Completed transfer or credit applications
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/Concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).