Law and Criminal Justice course advice
The Student Advisors in the Faculty of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study in Law and Criminal Justice.
Faculty of Law Student Advisors are located on Level 3, Meremere Building and individual appointments may be made by following the Book an Appointment link below or by emailing one of the Advisors for an appointment.
Please note: Currently whilst under Covid-19 Level 2 restrictions there are no face to face meetings available. All appointments will be via phone, Skype or Zoom.
How we can help
Appointments are the ideal way to:
- Check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, double degree cross-credits)
- Check your degree planning or assist you with your degree planning
- See about exceptions that may be available for your degree (concurrent enrolment, prerequisite exemption)
- Seek advice about academic progress concerns.
You can also email the UC Law Course Advice shared email box - firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific personal enquiries you can direct them to an individual Advisors' email address.
Book an appointment
Send us an email
You can email us for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in UC Student Web when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check). If it is too complicated to determine this by email, we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Before you come
Vicky's office is room 331 and Simon's office is room 333 - on Level 3 of the Business and Law building.
Our reception area is located on level three of Meremere on University Drive. It is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can deliver applications for processing to our level 3 reception area from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Such documents include:
- Completed transfer or credit applications
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/Concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).
You can cancel an appointment online or email your name, student ID and appointment date and time to email@example.com.