Law and Criminal Justice course advice
Faculty of Law Student Advisors are located on Level 3, Meremere Building and individual appointments may be made by following the Book an Appointment link below or by emailing one of the Advisors for an appointment.
The Student Advisors in the Faculty of Law can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study in Law and Criminal Justice.
- Degree planning and completions (Law and Criminal Justice)
- Limited Fulltime forms for Studylink
- Workload issues
- Pre-requisite failures
If you are studying a double degree other than the BCJ/LLB, it is important that you seek or have obtained advice on the requirements of your other degree.
FIRST YEAR STUDENT ADVICE
For first year student advice, please contact TK Ruakoha at email@example.com. TK Ruakoha is the Kaitoko (Law) in Te Pātaka. When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line
- If your enrolment is not progressing through the online system (e.g. for Waitlist, HOD Approval Required, Pre-Req failure, Change of Enrolment), then you may not need to see and advisor:, email firstname.lastname@example.org about the issue.
- For third time enrolment please email the Assistant Dean (Students) email@example.com with a rationale for why this should be considered and what you will do to ensure success this time.
- For workload checks please attend an open-door advising session to see an Advisor.
- When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line.
STUDYLINK/LIMITED FULL TIME
- If you simply need a Limited Full Time Form completed by a member of staff, you should complete your part of the form and then send the whole form back to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are relying on supporting evidence, include that to. When emailing, please include your eight-digit Student ID# and surname in the subject line.
- The form may be found here: https://www.studylink.govt.nz/documents/forms/limited-fulltime-application.pdf
AKO | LEARN ACCESS
- Learn access is made available to students who are fully enrolled in courses and access at the start of the year is only available for Semester 1 (S1) and whole year (W) courses. Access to Semester 2 courses will be made available no more than 10 days before the start of the course.
(Button underneath above text, CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT)
Book an appointment
Assistant Dean (Students)
Send us an email
You can email us for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in UC Student Web when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check). If it is too complicated to determine this by email, we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Before you come
Vicky's office is room 331 and Simon's office is room 333 - on Level 3 of the Business and Law building.
Our reception area is located on level three of Meremere on University Drive. It is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
You can deliver applications for processing to our level 3 reception area from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Such documents include:
- Completed transfer or credit applications
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/Concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).
You can cancel an appointment online or email your name, student ID and appointment date and time to email@example.com.