Lockers - keep your gear safe
Securing your gear while you exercise gives you peace of mind, but not many other gyms in Christchurch offer a place to stash your belongings.
There are a number of cubby holes around the centre, if you just want to stash your bag for your workout. These are not secure, so you leave things at your own risk (but we do have camera surveillance).
Store your board
Skateboard wall racks are provided, please use them to keep the floors clear of tripping hazards.
Valuables can be left with reception, at your own risk. We will only hold onto small items (wallets, keys, cellphones).
A limited number of padlocks are available at reception at no charge for lockers marked DAILY USE ONLY.
Simply exchange your membership or UC Card. We'll return it to you when you return the lock.
Ensure you don't miss out
Bring your own lock, or purchase one at reception to ensure you can secure your belongings without charge.
Don't forget to remove the lock
Padlocks left overnight will be cut and removed, and UC RecCentre will not pay for a replacement. Your gear will be kept for up to one month in our lost property boxes.
Regular users may decide they need permanent storage at the RecCentre.
Purchase a locker
- Half year $30, Full year $60
- 2023 Half year 1: January 5th - July 2nd ; Half year 2 July 3rd - December 17th.
- All gear must be removed from lockers at the specified date.
- Unemptied lockers will have the locks removed and items bagged up and left at reception for three months. UC RecCentre will not replace your lock or reimburse you for the cost of a new one.
- BYO lock (available for purchase at our reception desk)
Selecting a locker
- Look for a blank locker number in the location you want (make sure it doesn't have a sticker 'DAILY USE ONLY' or 'HIRED' already on it). These lockers are available for permanent use.
- Advise reception of the number at the time of purchase and we'll double-check it is available before issuing it to you.
UC RecCentre is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items while stored in lockers, or for those cleared or removed from misused lockers. We will store cleared gear/toiletries for 1 month before disposal.
Someone else's gear in your locker? If you have a problem with your locker, see reception and we'll sort it out.