- Certificate in Arts
- Diploma in Arts
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Digital Screen with Honours
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Product Design
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social and Environmental Sustainability
- Bachelor of Sport
- Bachelor of Youth and Community Leadership
Digital Humanities explores our digital technologies and their effect on our new ways of thinking, living, and working.
UC is the only university in Aotearoa where you can study this subject and learn to apply digital tools and methods.
- Learn about new technologies such as web analytics, social media platforms, digital music, robotics, virtual reality.
- Complete practical projects, training, and internships with Te Pokapū Aronui ā-Matihiko | UC Arts Digital Lab.
- Minor within several bachelor's degrees so you can apply digital tools to your other study interests.
Digital Humanities minor
For the minor in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Digital Screen, Health Sciences, Product Design, Science, Social and Environmental Sustainability, Sport, or Youth and Community Leadership, complete the following courses:
- DIGI101 Working in a Digital World
- 60 points of 100 to 300-level DIGI courses, with at least 45 points above 100-level
You may include one PACE internship course in your minor studies, with approval from the Programme Coordinator.
This study will make you highly adaptable to learning, training, and advising on new digital trends. Any industry from creative media, cultural heritage, business, policy, and more will benefit from your technical and analytical skills.
Career pathways could include:
- business technology consultancy
- social media marketing
- web data analysis
- digital content creation.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
Level 6, Karl Popper building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Toi Tangata | Faculty of Arts
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Digital Humanities
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Computational Linguistics combines linguistics, engineering, and science to evolve the way we use machines. It involves learning how to program computers to ...