Wananga landing Wananga landing

Supporting evidence

28 July 2023

To request accessibility support services you'll need to provide some documentation. See what supporting evidence you'll need.

Supporting Documentation

Medical Evidence to support your application is usually a diagnosis, report, or letter of support written and signed by a clinical professional.

If you received exam supports in high school or another learning institution, we can also accept an official letter from that institution, outlining what supports you received.

Medical evidence must be dated no more than four years prior to being sighted by a TRW|SAS Advisor.

If you are uncertain about your medical evidence, you can discuss this with an advisor, and get provisional support while you obtain the necessary documentation.

Specific Learning Difficulties

Assessment of specific learning difficulties (SLD) for University purposes is to be carried out by a registered psychologist or a registered Level C assessor. 
Students are to provide an assessment of their SLD diagnosis and learning needs to Te Ratonga Whaikaha | Student Accessibility Service (TRW|SAS). If you do not have an assessment then you can contact an assessment provider of your choice and arrange for an assessment to be carried out. 


In some instances you may be able to see your GP for an ADHD or ASD diagnosis, however there are specialised assessors who deal with these conditions as well.



A list of local assessment providers is included in the PDF below. Please note, this list is not exhaustive and there may be other qualified professionals that you may prefer to see.

Download (application/pdf, 93 KB)

If you have any queries about assessment providers please contact Te Ratonga Whaikaha | Student Accessibility Service.

Privacy Preferences

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.