UC Herea tō Waka | Orientation Day
Save the date: Friday 14 February 2020. Register now >
UC Herea tō waka | Orientation Day (O Day) is the best way to find out what university life has to offer.
It takes place the Friday before term starts and is a chance for new students to connect with their peers, get amongst the UC community, explore the campus and find out what they need to know for day one at UC.
O Day is exclusive for students new to UC in 2020 including an opportunity for whānau and parents to find out more about how to support their new student at UC.
Attendance at O Day is expected and considered essential for a successful start, so get ahead on your new life at UC and plan to come along.
- Lunch for locals - If you are a local student not living in the Halls, come along to a free lunch on Okeover Lawn where you can meet other Christchurch locals and find out about UniLife
- Adult student morning tea - If you are 25+ and new to UC, come along to a free morning tea in the Engineering Core Drawing Office where you can meet fellow Adult students and learn more about starting out at UC.
UCSA (University Canterbury Students' Association) also have a programme of music and events. You can check out all events on the UCSA website (Orientation 2020).
Māori, Pasifika, Rainbow and International students
If you are a Māori student you may want to attend the following Orientation events open to Māori Students, whānau & friends.
- Tōia Mai (Noho Marae visit) from 9am Tuesday 11th February – 3pm Wednesday 12th February Register here >
- Eke Panuku (UC Māori Orientation) on Thursday 13th February from 9am – 1pm Register here >
Registrations open January 2020.
- If you are a Pacifika student you may want to attend the Pasifika student orientation held on Thursday 13 February from 9.30am - 3.30pm. Register here >
- If you are a new international student you need to attend the International Student Welcome during Arrival Week on Monday 10 February from 9.30am - 2.30pm. Register when you make your enrolment in person booking here >
- If you are a Rainbow student, UC is holding a welcome afternoon tea on 13 February for new students. Come along and meet other students, make some friends and learn about how UC supports rainbow students. Register here >
Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Teaching students
If your programme of study is in Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary teaching you will be involved in course-specific orientation programme. This programme may give you the opportunity to participate in Orientation Day from 12pm onwards. For more information see the College of Education, Health and Human Development website.
Need more information?
If you’ve a question or want to find out more contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org