Canterbury University Press
All orders of Canterbury University Press titles are made through our distributors, Nationwide Book Distributors (New Zealand and the Pacific), John Reed Book Distribution (Australia) or Independent Publishers Group (world, excluding NZ, Pacific and Australia).
Submitting a manuscript
CUP publishes books about New Zealand and the Pacific for both the academic and the general market, with a particular focus on history, biography, natural history and the environment, and books about our region.
If you would like to submit a book proposal please provide:
- A covering letter or proposal document including a brief summary of the book, which indicates its purpose and likely market and any comparable or competing works.
- A list of contents and an outline of what each chapter will cover.
- An overview of illustrations/photographs (if applicable).
- Two sample chapters (if you are not submitting a completed manuscript) and the actual or estimated total word count.
- A CV or summary of relevant biographical details, including any books, articles or papers you have written.
- A self-addressed envelope (if you would like your submission to be returned to you).
Please note that we are not able to provide detailed feedback on manuscripts that are not accepted for publication.
We are not currently able to consider any new poetry or fiction submissions.