Successful Showcase of Innovative Entrepreneurship
18 February 2022
Last week, we celebrated the mahi of our student founders who are at the heart of entrepreneurship in Ōtautahi, Christchurch.
The ninth year of UCE Summer Startup Programme ended with an outstanding Showcase event on 10 February at The Piano, with 70 special guests and live-streamed for the wider community. It was a spectacular evening, highlighting 12 of our 23 ventures involved in this year's Programme. Thank you Anna Guenther, Luke Campbell, Paul Ballantine and Gerard Quinn for being outstanding MC and speakers. And congratulations to our Showcase Award Winners!
- Innovation Award – Callum Windley and Cameron Bartley, Bambax Industries Limited
- Impact Award – Jessica McQuoid, Beyond the Birds and the Bees
- Impact Award – Manakore Rickus-King and Aroha Rickus, Te reo Pūrākau o te Oriori
- Presentation Award – Holly Millar, A Dam Good Idea
- Most Well-Developed Venture Award – Maggie Peacock and Zoe Rookes, Bayuble
- People’s Choice – Elliot Neville, Falcon Overland’s Power Distribution Hub
The UCE Summer Startup Programme is a 10-week intensive accelerator that gives students an opportunity to fast-track their innovative ideas. This unique Programme get them to engage with not less than 100 experienced entrepreneurs, industry experts and academics who act as speakers, judges, mentors, and coaches. Thank you to everyone involved – UCE could not have the same impact with you!
These student founders are the new generation of change makers and future leaders! Congratulations to you all for challenging yourselves, growing your ideas, developing your network and shaking up our world with your ideas!
What to read next:
On The Conversation, experts including University of Canterbury Associate Professor Huibert Peter de Vries and Dr Nadeera Ranabahu say refugees need ...
Three stellar young traders came out on top at the University of Canterbury Trading Challenge, hosted by CMC Markets in association with the UC ...